PTOE Exam - LEED, PTOE, PMP - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

Hello all,

I recently just took the PTOE exam for October 2020. It was more challenging than what I originally thought and as always missed a couple that I knew I should have gotten off the bat. For those that have previously taken it, I was curious what is the pass percentage needed in order to pass the exam? I know it varies by when you have taken it, but a rough number would help if anyone that has taken it could provide that.

Thanks! 

Hey Trey,

I just took it as well. The other threads for the past exams somewhat provide the info you're looking for:

June 2019 - High Score = 83%. Average Score = 68%
Oct 2019 - High Score = 86%. Average Score = 68%. 102 candidates, 80 passed
June 2020 - Passing Percentage = 62%

Thanks for the info! Do you think the average score is reflective of the amount of questions needed to pass the exam? I suspect in June 2020 only 62% (93 correct) were needed to pass

No prob! 
I would suspect that as well, but can't confirm. FWIW, the ITE Practice Exam considers a 70% or better to be passing, so that's somewhat in line with the actual exam average scores in the 60% range. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 8:53 AM, Green0603 said:

No prob! 
I would suspect that as well, but can't confirm. FWIW, the ITE Practice Exam considers a 70% or better to be passing, so that's somewhat in line with the actual exam average scores in the 60% range. 

Looks like exam notification was emailed a few minutes ago!