The good things about 2020

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid PE

Member? You 'member.
Reaction score
2020 Seems to not be going so well, and I don't think anyone would disagree. I'm sure there are good things that have happened this year, but have been eclipsed by the bad. If you feel like sharing anything good that has happened to you or anything good happening around you feel free to post.

I got my first PE license

My wife got to experience snow for the first time

We had a healthy baby boy

I've been working from home and that has allowed me to spend countless hours with my family

I finally got my dream job

My sister announced she is pregnant with her 3rd kid, and I'll been down here when she's born

Tiger King

Tesla launched NASA astronauts into space from the US for the first time in a while, and since I was working from home I could watch the entire live stream

The Office finally became popular enough that people understand my references

Last edited by a moderator:
Got licensed in 2 more states (1st state was just before 2019 ended lol)

Taken on more responsibility at work that's showing regional HQ & real HQ that I'm awesome (so I should hit senior title for 2021) 

my 1yr engineer moved to my state and I get to train her

Boyfriend and I did not kill each working from home in a 600sqft house for 4mo 

My cow is really cute and has gotten better manners 

20200823_210532.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I got to attend a 6 person, sunrise, beachside micro-wedding of two very dear friends of ours, one of whom was the officiant of our wedding. That was by far the highlight of the summer so far.

My best friend had her first baby, whom I haven't met, but I'm so happy for them and he is the cutest!

Back in February, right before COVID-19 made things nuts here in the U.S., we took a trip to see my MIL, who has since passed away.

I got a new job back in January, that I'm liking a lot.

Working from home has generally improved the diversity of meals we're having, and consequently, I've started many more hobbies than I had before the pandemic (mainly, sewing and canning).

I recently resumed volunteering at the local animal shelter after they started reopening following covid lockdown! 

I began weightlifting in June 2020 and I think I'm slowly getting okay at it (I think...?)

My best friend finally bit the bullet and instead of waiting for their 'official' wedding day, went to town hall and got married after I kept badgering her and her wedding date got moved three times.

Slowly understanding more of this new government job and have already proved myself to being awesome.  Undergraded, but going to use that to my advantage and attempt some lower-grade training to help me network and look more into supervisory positions.

Have a **** ton of credit funds from Delta due to all my cancelled flights, so I should be able to travel a little bit less expensively next year.

Back