COVID Invoice State of New Jersey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StandardPractice

Reaction score
Has anyone else here recently applied for a NJ PE license by comity or 1st time application during these last few months. I submitted an application few months back, took awhile to show up in their system which is understandable given COVID. But now I received a random email from reviewer (email has a .gov email address) with an invoice labeled as "COVID Invoice" for $80.00 and a place to put credit card information. Seems very random and there was nothing in email besides "Complete and send back thanks".

Of course it's a bear trying to get anyone on the phone. Just wanted to check in with others to see if they have experienced a similar situation with the State of New Jersey or is this a well planned scam utilizing a .gov domain email address. 

This sounds very much like that government employee's email got hacked. I would not give ANYTHING out until talking to someone directly from the Board.

I'm sorry I'm not more help! I'm based in California, with no experience recently with the NJ Board.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking. I've been needing this NJ license and the need to have it has me questioning my sanity and scam awareness.

Yeah, please update this thread if you ever find out what that was about... And hopefully someone else trying to get licensed in NJ will be able to join in this discussion soon!

Hey! I'm actually going to move this post to a forum where it might get more views... I think it might help! It's now located in the "After You Pass The Exam" forum.

Back