Green energy analysis - Research

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chart94 PE

I am the liquor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am writing a research paper on green energy: A comprehensive analysis. My goal is to provide insight on green energy and how it affects the grid (some thoughts came to mind regarding powerfactor), solutions and what can be utilized in the future. I am currently researching articles/websites and was wondering if anyone here has any experience or knows of any scholarly links/articles that may help out. Thank you!

I love green energy and wish there was more of it. Unfortunately those who make those decisions to put it in at the top are often put off by the increase in cost.

These site seems to have some information.

https://www.c2es.org/content/renewable-energy/

https://www.irena.org/innovation/Solutions-for-a-Renewable-Powered-Future (this one had some free PDF publications)

I haven't really had a need for researching but I can probably help out more if you need it after my PE exam in December. I actually get my power through arcadia power which matches 50% of my utility usage with Renewable Energy Certificates; at least they say they do. But they have been helpful finding us lower cost electricity providers than the standard utility provider.

am much concerned about green energy and more so the solar energy. My main thought on solar energy is driven by the fact that, countries in the tropical areas which receive the sun energy throughout the day should shift fully to solar energy generation. Read about solar energy here
solar energy | National Geographic Society

Thanks for the link. Am already working on the solar tracking device. I want to first come up with a 3 axis solar tracking device which will help the solar follow the direction of the sun for the maximum utilization of the solar harvesting time. I dont want to use the traditional method where the solar is lied on the sun. I have send the board to Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing & PCB Assembly - RayMing (raypcb.com) for manufacturing and as soon as the PCB is complete I will attach it to the prototype then share the video and photos of the working prototype with us to react. Solar energy being a green energy is the way to go.

go search on google scholar it contain nuemours reseacrh paper. it can help you
Your idea on google scolar has ra\eaaly given me a lot of informative book. I have come across a book solar energy handbook which I believe from the look of things and the quick review has everything about the solar energy. I am going to read through and update later.
Check this link to see it Solar energy handbook (Book) | OSTI.GOV
Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am writing a research paper on green energy: A comprehensive analysis. My goal is to provide insight on green energy and how it affects the grid (some thoughts came to mind regarding powerfactor), solutions and what can be utilized in the future. I am currently researching articles/websites and was wondering if anyone here has any experience or knows of any scholarly links/articles that may help out. Thank you!
Hey, it's very good effort that you're making and we all agree that green energy is the most important resource if we use it in a proper manner.

Along with it we can't ignore solar generators. Solar generators generate clean, renewable energy that doesn't hurt the environment when running. Traditional generators run on fossil fuels which contribute to air pollution and climate change. As an added benefit, you can access solar energy freely instead of paying for pricey fossil fuels.

Solar generators have no additional running expenses compared to gasoline-powered generators. They provide an unlimited energy source from direct sunlight, so there is no need to buy fuel. They also have no moving parts, meaning less maintenance costs.

Hey, it's very good effort that you're making and we all agree that green energy is the most important resource if we use it in a proper manner.

Along with it we can't ignore solar generators. Solar generators generate clean, renewable energy that doesn't hurt the environment when running. Traditional generators run on fossil fuels which contribute to air pollution and climate change. As an added benefit, you can access solar energy freely instead of paying for pricey fossil fuels.

Solar generators have no additional running expenses compared to gasoline-powered generators. They provide an unlimited energy source from direct sunlight, so there is no need to buy fuel. Solar generator also have no moving parts, meaning less maintenance costs.
P.S: It's my observation, all of you may agree or disagree.

Back