Prime Day 2020

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supe

Reaction score
Post up your finds/deals here.

Nothing too exciting this morning for us - just a three pack of Gorilla Grip cutting boards to replace our worn out ones that slide around too much.  

Looking at the JBL Boombox.  Don't have a decent outdoor bluetooth speaker.  The thing with this type of sale is it tempts me to buy stuff without fully vetting it.

Looking at the JBL Boombox.  Don't have a decent outdoor bluetooth speaker.  The thing with this type of sale is it tempts me to buy stuff without fully vetting it.
JBL tends to make pretty durable stuff.  I'm convinced all their years in car audio gave them an idea of how to design against the elements.

Once in a while I use Prime Day to get stuff we know we'll need (guest bedroom TV's, etc.), the rest of it I use as a way to get cheap stocking stuffers usually.

i had the 10 dollar off for shopping small with 10 dollars prior to prime day so since i'm going to be leaving my house vacant i figured i would get a lil inside camera to round out my security system. it was reg 35 on sale for 25 so i got it for 15. 

i'm going to try not to look at anything else. lol

i had the 10 dollar off for shopping small with 10 dollars prior to prime day so since i'm going to be leaving my house vacant i figured i would get a lil inside camera to round out my security system. it was reg 35 on sale for 25 so i got it for 15. 

i'm going to try not to look at anything else. lol
I do think I'm going to pick up the Ring indoor cam to integrate, since we need a way to keep an eye on the new dogs if all three of us are out of the house.  With the gate up, they stay confined to the living room.

I do think I'm going to pick up the Ring indoor cam to integrate, since we need a way to keep an eye on the new dogs if all three of us are out of the house.  With the gate up, they stay confined to the living room.
ya i have the blink cameras outside and in the garage so i got the blink mini indoor cam to just keep an eye on things

The nice thing about the Ring cam is that it also functions as a motion detector, which means I could move the one from our living room out to the garage if need be.  

ya blink does the same and you can talk both ways and i'm grandfathered in so i dont have to pay a subscription!

I need to get something for front door, will have to look around, we have been thinking about the Arlo cameras from Costco (I think they work with the amazon stalker alexa things)?

But I did just get a Farra Fawcett Poster for my basement ;)  

I need to get something for front door, will have to look around, we have been thinking about the Arlo cameras from Costco (I think they work with the amazon stalker alexa things)?

But I did just get a Farra Fawcett Poster for my basement ;)  
im a big fan of the blink cameras. and they work with alexa. they have a 5 camera pack for like 250 right now. you can talk thru the camera too. 

I'm going to get a Kindle... not sure if paperwhite or Oasis.
I don't know about the Oasis, but I have the Paperwhite from like two years ago, and both Mr. Leggo and I like it.

We're not buying anything on Prime Days this year. Because, shocker, we don't actually need anything, and aren't going to replace something that doesn't need it.

I was thinking of getting one of those massage guns for the wife for Christmas, but $300-400 is ridiculous. It's Amazon so they've got plenty of much cheaper, probably Chinese knockoffs, but not sure if one of them would be worth it or if it'd die after a couple months.

shopping

I don't know about the Oasis, but I have the Paperwhite from like two years ago, and both Mr. Leggo and I like it.

We're not buying anything on Prime Days this year. Because, shocker, we don't actually need anything, and aren't going to replace something that doesn't need it.
It is for my birthday, and since I will suddenly come into some free time.... a reading device would be awesome. My fire hurts my eyes after a while.

We have a theragun and if you work out a lot its pretty useful - I was pretty skpetical when the wife bought it but its the closest thing to a prof massage.

Back