Simpson HTT4 Tie Downs - General Engineering - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

Simpson HTT4 Tie Downs

Guest Justin

Hello I have a house I'm building on a 32' long by 8' wide trailer with 16" OC studs and I'm using Simpson HTT4 tie downs to tie the structure to the frame. I contacted the manufacturer to see what spacing I would need on these tie downs and they said their testing was done with concrete footers and not steel trailers and said I would need to talk to an engineer. Does anyone have any experience with these that would be willing to help me out?

Are you building a tiny house?

Also, the ties you mentioned are designed to attach a frame to a foundation. It's almost a moot point about how many you need since the ties can handle an uplift in the range 3,000-4500lbs (depending on wood type and number of fasteners used). If your trailer is seeing that amount of uplift throughout, I wouldn't be concerned about the ties!

However, I ran some numbers and I would go every 48" O.C.

Edited by Chattaneer PE
Guest Justin
On 10/6/2020 at 6:20 PM, Chattaneer PE said:

Are you building a tiny house?

Also, the ties you mentioned are designed to attach a frame to a foundation. It's almost a moot point about how many you need since the ties can handle an uplift in the range 3,000-4500lbs (depending on wood type and number of fasteners used). If your trailer is seeing that amount of uplift throughout, I wouldn't be concerned about the ties!

However, I ran some numbers and I would go every 48" O.C.

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I am building a tiny house. I didn't know how else to word it, but I understand your point and I appreciate your help. Thank you! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.