BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Welding Engineer - Materials Technology in Barrow-in-Furness (UK)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btbsilent

Reaction score
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Welding Engineer - Materials Technology at our site in Barrow.

As a Senior Welding Engineer - Materials Technology, you will be providing welding engineering guidance as well as support to structural and piping areas across the Submarines business unit.

This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on novel welds using a wide range of materials.

Your main responsibilities as a Senior Welding Engineer - Materials Technology will involve: 

Undertaking Procedure Qualification Record development, testing and qualification of welding procedure specifications to support process improvements within the production environment

Assisting with preparation and transmittal of welding documentation to production areas

Monitoring weld quality within structural and piping areas whilst reporting findings to internal stakeholders

Investigating and reviewing emerging process technology and consumables for suitability to submarine construction

Liaising with internal departments to ensure welding process control is enforced and maintained

Producing monthly defect reports across all contracts for line management review 

Conducting routine process audits within production areas to investigate defect trends and facilitate improvement

Driving process improvement using mechanised and automated (robotic) welding processes

Your skills and qualifications as a Senior Welding Engineer - Materials Technology:

Essential

-           Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering subject

-           Recognised Welding Institute Qualifications - European Welding Technologist (EWT)

-           Experience of developing welding procedure specifications or similar experience

Desirable

-           Engineering Council Registration (IEng, EngTech)

-           Broad awareness of ferrous and non-ferrous materials used for structural and piping applications

-           Experience of dealing with weld repairs

-           Knowledge of mechanised, orbital and/or automated (robotic) welding processes would be advantageous

What we're looking for in you:

You will have good communication skills and be able to liaise at all levels. You will work well within a team as well as on your own initiative.

Salary: Competitive

Benefits: Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.

BAE Systems

BAE Systems is one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies. We work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.

Apply now: https://ex.cndarine.com/campaign/url/forward/82b8cfa6164c

I'm more than happy to put forward my candidature as Senior Welding Engineer at your company.

I'm more than happy to put forward my candidature as Senior Welding Engineer at your company. My journey has over six years of welding experience I gathered by providing welding services by doing amazing things for amazing people. My works are high-qualitative since I do my job meticulously. As long as you'll supply me with a range of all the materials needed, I guarantee you excellent services. I also possess certification in the welding industry, which I obtained after taking a course at Online Welding Courses 101: Get Your Certification From Home. Please give me your feedback!

Back