Applying to New York PE (Civil) License

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stardust

Reaction score
I need to apply to the NY license ASAP thru NCEES. I have my NCEES pretty up-to-date. If you have recently gone thru or are familiar with the process, please share your knowledge.

I'm currently licensed in California btw.

Thank you!

Thank you, I have heard it'd take months :(

I have a specific question if someone knows: the NY application (Form 1) asks about education information.. I have already verified my education with NCEES previously, do I have to request my schools for verification again?

@JayKay PE @LyceeFruit PE thoughts or inputs?

At the very least you should not expect it to happen quickly. NYS has a reputation for taking way-too-long to issue licenses, especially to people out of state.
I don't have NYS and I'm going to keep it that way for as long as possible. Not only do they take forever, they're very nit-picky.

Thank you, I have heard it'd take months :(

I have a specific question if someone knows: the NY application (Form 1) asks about education information.. I have already verified my education with NCEES previously, do I have to request my schools for verification again?
That's better asked to the board. I would assume no but I haven't applied for NYS. Also err on the side of too much detail in the other areas of your application. A former coworker had his application denied since he wasn't specific enough about a piece of experience 

I don't have NYS and I'm going to keep it that way for as long as possible. Not only do they take forever, they're very nit-picky.

That's better asked to the board. I would assume no but I haven't applied for NYS. Also err on the side of too much detail in the other areas of your application. A former coworker had his application denied since he wasn't specific enough about a piece of experience 
Do you know how long did it take that coworker to get it (assuming he did)?

Do you know how long did it take that coworker to get it (assuming he did)?
no idea, he had applied prior to coming to my company and didn't have it when he was my coworker.

but i believe it took @JayKay PE months and months to get hers from NYS and she's a NY resident.

yo @FelizENG you just went thru this, any insight? 

no idea, he had applied prior to coming to my company and didn't have it when he was my coworker.

but i believe it took @JayKay PE months and months to get hers from NYS and she's a NY resident.

yo @FelizENG you just went thru this, any insight? 
Hey - sorry for the late reply - haven't been on for a while.  If I am understanding correctly, Stardust is currently a PE in California and wants to become a licensed PE in the state of NY.  Don't think I could be of help - I never applied for reciprocity.  

Back