Would you rather be hot or cold?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. I've had this conversation before, both sober and drunk. I am still undecided. I've lived in the arctic, the desert, the tropics, and more temperate climates. I think my experience in the arctic makes me lean toward "hot", but only because you're less likely to die if you get locked out of your house. But for comfort purposes, I think I'd rather be a little on the cold side, but not too much (like, never dropping below 20 F)

Better question would be humid or not humid.

I spent two summers in Afghanistan where it’d be 120 degrees but there was zero humidity. I could walk around in full ACU’s and be okay. At the same time, in the summer in Cincinnati it’ll be 85 but 148% humidity and I’ll be miserable.

so is it like Vegas in August?

I like the cold but not death cold, I was way up in the Canadian Rockies this past November, I went outside the hotel tryng to find a place that sold booze (which is actually hard to find after 8 PM there) and I literally thought, if I fell down and bumped my head I would likely be dead by the time anyone found me - it was F.n cold (for November)

I think my experience in the arctic makes me lean toward "hot", but only because you're less likely to die if you get locked out of your house. 
LOL...I've always said "I'd rather freeze than burn," but I never thought of it in this context.

In the three years I was there, I think there were three deaths in the communities I covered related to that. All drunk, didn't make it home, found frozen.

Back