Strangest Food in Each State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who lives in the town where New Jersey Sloppy Joes started, I really don't mind them. It's just a cheaper version of a Reuben, but I do prefer the Reuben sandwich.

I disagree with CT. The white clam pizza from Frank Pepe's in New Haven (or an of their other locations) is the greatest. Ranked high on many lists (often #1) so many times

So sugar on snow is actually maple syrup on snow. And it's totally a NH and Maine thing too. We have whole maple weekends to celebrate maple syrup.

And clam fests. And lobster fests. So 🤷‍♀️

Also I can't read what they put for Maine. 

I think I've seen grape nut ice cream at a stand once in my life and I grew up in NH (it sounds good tbh) but it didnt even originate in NH. 

afraid to google Pickle Dog?

Ive had Rocky Mtn Oysters and they are pretty awful, even with a **** ton of cocktail sauce, would much rather eat boiled peanutes, which I dont really care for.

GARBAGE PLATES GARBAGE PLATES GARBAGE PLATESSSSSS

GET WHITE HOTS IN MAH BELLY
That sounds like the fat sandwiches I had in high school a few times at this place near Monmouth University. Pretty much the same, just put on a sandwich. This is just a few from there list. I've had the fat blunt, fat axp, and WLBPD sandwich.

image.png

@Dothracki, all of those things on those sandwiches seem to go together.  The garbage plate is a wonderful mismash of macaroni salad, tater tots, baked beans, on top of either a hamburger/red hots/white hots/ or hotdogs.  TOPPED WITH SO MUCH HOT SAUCE THAT ISN'T HOT SAUCE BUT IT'S CALLED THAT AND IT'S RED.

@Dothracki, all of those things on those sandwiches seem to go together.  The garbage plate is a wonderful mismash of macaroni salad, tater tots, baked beans, on top of either a hamburger/red hots/white hots/ or hotdogs.  TOPPED WITH SO MUCH HOT SAUCE THAT ISN'T HOT SAUCE BUT IT'S CALLED THAT AND IT'S RED.
Very true, that seems more of a delicious chaos then fat sandwiches.

Back