Transformer Zero Sequence Diagrams on Reference Handbook

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tater

Are the transformer zero sequence diagrams/equivalent circuits on Reference Handbook (page 68) specifically, the ungrounded Y - Delta correct?

The diagram should not have the ground drawn on the Y and equivalent circuit shown is not matching up with Figure 6.5 of Graffeo.

Are the transformer zero sequence diagrams/equivalent circuits on Reference Handbook (page 68) specifically, the ungrounded Y - Delta correct?

The diagram should not have the ground drawn on the Y and equivalent circuit shown is not matching up with Figure 6.5 of Graffeo.
I agree, it shouldn't have the ground in that diagram. Might be because they're referencing the 1982 version of the book. 🙄

My Indian edition of Power Systems Analysis by Grainger and Stevenson printed in 2018, had a similar table and the connection diagram has no ground nor arrows in the ungrounded Y, I also checked my Electrical Machinery and Power System Fundamentals by Chapman book, it has an almost identical table with no ground, nor arrows on the ungrounded Y.

Back