The Worst Attraction in Every State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL @ Times Square. And I agree that Plymouth Rock is not woth going to. The rock broke when they tried to move it so it is smaller and nothing spectacular. Not to take away from the actual town, which has many historic places to view and it is a nice coastal town. Good food, shops, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alaska - Having lived North of the "North Pole" for 7 years, I can attest that it's definitely worth driving through, ONCE! (or seeing photos from someone who has).

Michigan - "Mystery Spot" is almost as bad as the "Paulding Light" but most folks don't know about that one unless they've been to the Western UP. The Mystery Spot is more well known.

Yup, skip Plymouth Rock which is worse than the other 4 on that map I've been to.  Does Old Man of the Mountain even count as an attraction anymore?  That crumbled in the middle of the night at least 15 years ago.  There were a lot of sad NH folks.

Alaska - Having lived North of the "North Pole" for 7 years, I can attest that it's definitely worth driving through, ONCE! (or seeing photos from someone who has).

Michigan - "Mystery Spot" is almost as bad as the "Paulding Light" but most folks don't know about that one unless they've been to the Western UP. The Mystery Spot is more well known.

I remember spending one cold February night watching the Paulding Light.  No reason to return a second time.  The Mystery Spot is advertised all up and down I-75 so a lot more people know about it.

Aw what? I like the Alamo.  You just have to go in there expecting that yeah, it's not a huge fortress or anything, but there's still a lot of history attached to it - that's what makes it cool!  

Aw what? I like the Alamo.  You just have to go in there expecting that yeah, it's not a huge fortress or anything, but there's still a lot of history attached to it - that's what makes it cool!  
For a state where the mantra is "Everything is Bigger in Texas" the Alamo is just so much smaller than expected.  

For a state where the mantra is "Everything is Bigger in Texas" the Alamo is just so much smaller than expected.  
 If we're talking highways and food portions - yes.  But the mission was built in, what, the 1700s? What are people expecting?

World's largest Catsup bottle isn't too far from me...haven't seen it though.  I haven't been to see the big metal bean either...

Back