Just got an NCEES email saying October PE exams are canceled. - Page 3 - Power Exam Sub Forum - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

Just got an NCEES email saying October PE exams are canceled.

18 hours ago, Chattaneer PE said:

Yes your math is correct, but you need to pay closer attention to what is specified in the reference book. Notice on page 65 it says "V_line is the maximum value of the sinusoid." For the other formula you were using V is assumed to be RMS. 

Remember

image.png.553de5762e95a13273ff19fedb58006f.png

And

image.png.fd1485535e4b031e6606894636a910a1.png

Substituting

image.png.474635f801d2dcce97acd407377b4ecf.png

That's my best guess as to how they arrived at their formula.

Thanks for clarification.. to avoid confusion I would recommend to mention in the equation Vmax instead of Vline.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hi @vhab49_PE

I just sent an email to NCEES and I suggest everyone else do the same:   "Hi, I recently learned that the October PE test for Electrical Power was cancelled and that it will be immediately

As much as I expected this outcome it still stinks for everyone who has been practicing to take the test in the traditional method.  I am sorry, folks.  Know that no time or money that you've spent pr

Posted Images

Hi everyone,

Should we print the NCEES Reference book out and using it for the exam? How about NFP70? I got two types of email, one of them said I should print it and bring it to the exam (Texas board) and another said I don't need to bring anything (NCEES). I really confuse? What we should to do? Thank you

17 minutes ago, Mbsamani said:

Hi everyone,

Should we print the NCEES Reference book out and using it for the exam? How about NFP70? I got two types of email, one of them said I should print it and bring it to the exam (Texas board) and another said I don't need to bring anything (NCEES). I really confuse? What we should to do? Thank you

If I were you I would email NCEES stating that Texas is informing their applicants to print out material and bring it to the exam to confirm if that is an accurate statement or not. You should be given access to the reference book as well as NEC, NESC, and NFPA 70E in PDF format on the exam according to NCEES.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Dothracki said:

If I were you I would email NCEES stating that Texas is informing their applicants to print out material and bring it to the exam to confirm if that is an accurate statement or not. You should be given access to the reference book as well as NEC, NESC, and NFPA 70E in PDF format on the exam according to NCEES.

I got this email from NCEES about my concern.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. This exam is computer based and a closed book exam. https://ncees.org/pe-electrical-and-computer-power-exam/

The reference handbook will be provided to you at the testing center as a searchable document on the computer. 

Here is a copy of our Examinee Guide. Please review it before your exam.

https://ncees.org/exams/examinee-guide/

11 minutes ago, Mbsamani said:

I got this email from NCEES about my concern.

Hello,

Thank you for your email. This exam is computer based and a closed book exam. https://ncees.org/pe-electrical-and-computer-power-exam/

The reference handbook will be provided to you at the testing center as a searchable document on the computer. 

Here is a copy of our Examinee Guide. Please review it before your exam.

https://ncees.org/exams/examinee-guide/

Correct, this is what the exam specifications state. https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/Power-Dec-2020_CBT.pdf

Maybe Texas didn't get the memo about the change to closed book CBT?

On 8/28/2020 at 7:47 AM, Mbsamani said:

Hi everyone,

I printed both and put in a binder. you never know. Ive done practice questions where ive needed nfpa70

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Andres

This is a great community. I have a question about the NEC version to use during the exam.

If the 2020 NEC was released this year, we were able to still use the 2017 NEC for the exams administered in 2020.

If I schedule the exam on December 2020 can I still use the 2017 NEC?

If I schedule the exam for January 2021 does that mean that I have to get the 2020 NEC?

5 minutes ago, Guest Andres said:

This is a great community. I have a question about the NEC version to use during the exam.

If the 2020 NEC was released this year, we were able to still use the 2017 NEC for the exams administered in 2020.

If I schedule the exam on December 2020 can I still use the 2017 NEC?

If I schedule the exam for January 2021 does that mean that I have to get the 2020 NEC?

Welcome to the EB. The NCEES specifications for the Electrical and Computer exams state "Codes and Standards Valid through September 2023" so the NEC 2017 will be used on the exam reference until that date. Unless the specifications are revised before then.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.