Cats versus Dogs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Alaska, they have bears for pets instead of dogs and cats. Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.

But for real, cats suck. Dog will always man's best friend.

Weird how there is such a geographic pattern there. Cats in northern, western, and colder climates. Dogs in the south. 

Unless it's all just bullshit. 

Weird how there is such a geographic pattern there. Cats in northern, western, and colder climates. Dogs in the south. 

Unless it's all just bullshit. 

Seems to make sense to me--who wants to walk a dog when it's below zero and/or snowing a lot?

Cats vs dogs thing is dumb.  I've only ever had dogs, but I would like to get a cat at some point.  I'm also amazed at how much lower maintenance they seem to be compared to dogs. 

My brother just got a new kitten three weeks ago and I melt over all the pictures he sends me of his cat.

Cats vs dogs thing is dumb.  I've only ever had dogs, but I would like to get a cat at some point.  I'm also amazed at how much lower maintenance they seem to be compared to dogs. 

My brother just got a new kitten three weeks ago and I melt over all the pictures he sends me of his cat.
I tell people I have two kids, I don't need another one when it comes to getting a dog.  A cat is more like an unhelpful roommate, mostly doing its own thing.Still have to clean up after it though.

Cats are the physical embodiment of the devil. Just saying.

I love my kitty! I'd like to have a dog, some day. I didn't grow up with dogs... I think my parents didn't want to take care of one.

Dogs have owners.

Cats have staff  people they occasionally tolerate sharing a space.

That is all.
I will say, the cast has been very clingy during WFH.  The first week or two he was like, why are you suddenly home all day, get out of my house.  Now when we leave he acts like we might not come back.

I too used to think cats were devil spawn, but after meeting some chill ones that my friends had i've changed my mind. But i'll always gravitate towards dogs. Hell between me and my girlfriend we have four now. 

I love both cats and dogs, but I am lazy and like to travel so I have a cat. Soooo much lower maintenance, even when they're elderly and require higher maintenance.

I love both cats and dogs, but I am lazy and like to travel so I have a cat. Soooo much lower maintenance, even when they're elderly and require higher maintenance.
This.  I love dogs, but I'm not really home enough to be fair to one.  The cats sleep 20+ hours per day, so I don't feel bad leaving them home alone all day.

Cats on average sleep 12- 16 hours. Dogs sleep 12-14. My dogs, who are exclusively outside dogs, sleep 20-24 hours. That's what they do when they don't have to hunt for food. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cats are affectionless. Dogs provide infinitely more love and excitement that cannot be reproduced by cats. 

I too used to think cats were devil spawn, but after meeting some chill ones that my friends had i've changed my mind. But i'll always gravitate towards dogs. Hell between me and my girlfriend we have four now. 
You're dead to me. And kicked out of the fellowship.

Cats are affectionless. Dogs provide infinitely more love and excitement that cannot be reproduced by cats. 
Maybe it's you?

My cats have always been very affectionate. But they're definitely picky about who they are affectionate toward (and who they try to kill)

Maybe you just don't know what affection feels like (kidding).

Back