July 2020 Exam Results - Page 7 - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

July 2020 Exam Results

On 8/14/2020 at 8:36 PM, CAPLS said:

Just saying...if you’re still not happy with what the board employees are doing, the board meetings are held online and noticed on the board’s web site. Feel free to call in and voice your concerns during public comment.  I can tell you for a fact that the actual Board wants to hear it. Simply making off-handed unflattering comments simply because you’re anxious to find out your results and you’re willing to bad mouth people for which you have no idea the effort they put in, is simply not becoming of a professional engineer. 

How do we go about commenting at their meetings? I would love the opportunity to provide constructive feedback to the board. I've had an absolutely horrendous experience with them thus far.

• Like 1
  • Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Passed surveying which was the last exam for me.  And just in the nick of time...I'm due to have baby #2 in two weeks, so it was a huge goal to get this buttoned up before the baby comes. What. a. rel

Here’s the situation folks.  No one recognizes the sacrifice necessary to prepare; the anxiety associated with taking the exam and waiting for results; and the extreme emotions upon learning that your

I need to provide an update on my comment above and my previous ones when I stated that licensing will run last Friday, especially since so many of you are patiently waiting to find out your license n

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, JustWantMyLicense said:

I actually believe that the scores are probably lower. We didn't have three extra months to study, that would have been the case if we were given a solid delayed date from the beginning, but we were jerked around and rescheduled several times and being demotivated for three months. On top of that, people are depressed and stressed, and don't forget that wearing a mask during the exam is an extra distraction that others before did not have. For all these reasons I would not be surprised if the cut off score was lower.

Hopefully we all pass, and none of us have to guess at the cutoff score

😎

P.S. I set up a gmail filter so that whenever I get an email from the board, it will forward as a text to my cell. No longer do I need to obsessively refresh my emails! Ya'll should do the same. I feel way less stressed out now.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mystori said:

😎

P.S. I set up a gmail filter so that whenever I get an email from the board, it will forward as a text to my cell. No longer do I need to obsessively refresh my emails! Ya'll should do the same. I feel way less stressed out now.

Who does the results email come from?

3 minutes ago, Mystori said:

😎

But where is the excitement in that, it's almost like you want to be productive??

12 minutes ago, nrventri said:

Who does the results email come from?

My survey results came from BOEXAM@dca.ca.gov. 

12 minutes ago, JustWantMyLicense said:

But where is the excitement in that, it's almost like you want to be productive??

Indeed!

37 minutes ago, nrventri said:

How do we go about commenting at their meetings? I would love the opportunity to provide constructive feedback to the board. I've had an absolutely horrendous experience with them thus far.

Here you go.  https://bpelsg.ca.gov/about_us/meetings/agendas/20200820_agenda.pdf

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Mystori said:

Indeed!

And as always, sometimes emails can be caught up in spam filters so remember to check for those.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mystori said:

Indeed!

When I took seismic in Feb and results came on March 12th, this what came in the To Line "BPELSG_Exam_Info, BPELS@DCA". The actual email address was aliased, so you may see that too.

What makes me so mad is why I am mad at myself for being surprised- from MY experience, almost every step of the entire process was a hassle with the Board. The employees are nice but the organization could use some lessons in treating their stakeholders just a little better by streamlining their processes and making their communications (website) more transparent and timely. (Last week, I had posted something similar, then deleted it). Not sure why i would need to go to their Board meetings to give this bit of feedback (and can provide specific concrete examples) but I will- after I pass, when ever I pass.

Edited by jr_inthefog

Did anyone who took the seismic test in July get their Prometric fee get refunded? I took the test, received my notice of completion, and then on August 1, I see that Prometric refunded my exam fee. Really freaking me out! Please Prometric, just keep my money!!

Edited by SuperK-PE-PLS
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, SuperK-PE-PLS said:

Did anyone who took the seismic test in July get their Prometric fee get refunded? I took the test, received my notice of completion, and then on August 1, I see that Prometric refunded my exam fee. Really freaking me out! Please Prometric, just keep my money!!

I was scheduled for the Surveying test which got cancelled. I had to reapply to take the test and  Prometrics charged me additional $65 to register. They refunded me $65 a few weeks ago since I paid twice but only scheduled to take it once.

• Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, SuperK-PE-PLS said:

I was scheduled to take it in March and my Prometric fees were refunded in April. I had to pay again when I rescheduled for the July date. If you’re concerned I would contact Prometric, the board probably wouldn’t have record of these transactions. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Mr. RaiderNutt said:

I think there’s a possibility that we may get it before Friday

What would lead you believe that? The updates said expect to release by Friday and then today they say they’re closing offices early through Wednesday. Did we all miss something?

28 minutes ago, 4EverWaiting said:

What would lead you believe that? The updates said expect to release by Friday and then today they say they’re closing offices early through Wednesday. Did we all miss something?

i think he meant "hope" instead of "think"

10 hours ago, 4EverWaiting said:

They are closing the offices early, but they said remote working will continue as usual. Delay assumes that this has to be or is currently being done in the office. Which it could be, but then I think it would be hard to say the results were delayed due to the fact that people are working from home. Can't have it both ways. 

Think its best to let it go till Friday and be pleasantly surprised if it comes in before then. Anyone who wants to can attend one of their meetings and roast them immediately after.

This experience completely tracks with how awful the process has been so far.                                                      :poop2:

40 minutes ago, JustWantMyLicense said:

They are closing the offices early, but they said remote working will continue as usual. Delay assumes that this has to be or is currently being done in the office. Which it could be, but then I think it would be hard to say the results were delayed due to the fact that people are working from home. Can't have it both ways.                                 

This part. I think it’s far more likely they get delayed into next week than seeing them before Friday at this point. 

37 minutes ago, 4EverWaiting said:

This part. I think it’s far more likely they get delayed into next week than seeing them before Friday at this point. 

Don't say that!!! You'll jinx us!!!!!!!

🤬

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.