July 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justPE

Reaction score
I just took my seismic exam today, anyone know when the results will be released? Thanks in advance.

That sounds about right, but I think 37~40 will be ideal although it is quite difficult to achieve.

Took seismic on July 27th.   Does anyone know when the June 2020 exam results came out? Could give us an idea of what day in August we can expect the results

Took seismic on July 27th.   Does anyone know when the June 2020 exam results came out? Could give us an idea of what day in August we can expect the results
From other posts, it seems like the results come out during the second week of the following month you take the exam 

The results would usually come around 14th-15th August for the exams taken during the whole month of July.

I took surveying July 13th and Seismic July 31st. I've done some research on when past results were posted, and the last few times the month closed on a Friday, the results were posted the 6th (Thursday), the 10th (Monday), or the 12th (Wednesday). So I'm guessing either the 6th, 10th, 11th or 12th. Exam results are never posted on Fridays.

I heard you need 65% to pass, so that makes the cut score at 36...but who knows...what did you think of the exam?
I thought the exam was comparable to the Hiner practice exams, but still very hard. I ran out of time and had to guess on about 5.

I thought the exam was comparable to the Hiner practice exams, but still very hard. I ran out of time and had to guess on about 5.
I thought the exam was tough also...I had to guess on a few that I just didn't know how to do...I'm just anxious to see the results already

I took surveying July 13th and Seismic July 31st. I've done some research on when past results were posted, and the last few times the month closed on a Friday, the results were posted the 6th (Thursday), the 10th (Monday), or the 12th (Wednesday). So I'm guessing either the 6th, 10th, 11th or 12th. Exam results are never posted on Fridays.
I took surveying on the 10th which I thought the exam was pretty difficult...so I guess there's a possibility to get our results this week.

I thought the exam was tough also...I had to guess on a few that I just didn't know how to do...I'm just anxious to see the results already
Yeah, there were definitely more theory/qualitative questions than I thought there would be. Based off BPELSG, back when they used to report the cut score, it was between 28 to 30 needed to pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, there were definitely more theory/qualitative questions than I thought there would be. Based off BPELSG, back when they used to report the cut score, it was between 28 to 30 needed to pass.
Wow, that's lot lower than I would have thought. I think based on previous posts in the recent years, the cut score has been around 33-36 for both seismic and surveying.

So it looks like either this week or next week the results for seismic/surveying will be released, I am hoping for this Friday, definitely do not want to wear mask again for 2.5 hrs.

So it looks like either this week or next week the results for seismic/surveying will be released, I am hoping for this Friday, definitely do not want to wear mask again for 2.5 hrs.
Yea same here...it's unfortunate that anyone who fails an exam has to wait until next year to retake.

Finish both in July. Spent too much time to prepare these exams. Solved all questions, only guessed one for Seismic, and a couple of concept questions for the Survey. Can’t wait to get the license.

I took the seismic in February 2020 and results given March 12 at 2PM by email. Passed on the first time, phew. Studied using Hiner. And I didn't  study Civil Engineering in college. I already have a Mechanical PE.

I was scheduled for the 3/22/20 surveying exam but Prometrics was closed on 3/18 due to Covid. Rescheduled and took July 2. I thought the test was really tough and had to guess on the last ten. I studied really hard. I'll be bummed if I don't pass especially if they will not allow us to take it again until January 2021 (per the below notice). I don't have a good feeling- every step of the application process was hard for me for whatever reason except for passing seismic on the first time.

I used CPESR but did not feel it fully prepared me (but liked the course), however, they did so some updates to the curriculum (after I took the test that I think could have helped😩)). I think the test is way too hard in the time given and not sure why they do that- just interpreting some of the questions is plain ridiculous in 2.5 min and then solve them.  I'm hoping that they lower the bar a few questions since you have to wear a mask, tests have been delayed, as well as offered less frequently- I doubt they will though.

I know it was hard times but I thought Prometrics and BPELSG communication was a little weak. The people are nice but their processes and rules are almost harder than the material.

https://bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/prometric_covid_notice.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Back