Highest Paying Jobs in Each State

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see exengineer on the list...
tumblr_moxsie59q51sx4jfio1_500.gif

No engineers or exengineers on the list.  Surprised that lawyers are not represented there.  They start out roughly double the salary of an engineer.  It should be recalled that engineering graduates are the highest paid university grads at the Bachelor's level which means little competition.  Few careers are available with just a Bachelor's degree.  It is really a step toward a Master's or PhD.  The vast majority of Bachelor's degree holders end up in jobs that are no better than what they could have had with two years of community college.  

No engineers or exengineers on the list.  Surprised that lawyers are not represented there.  They start out roughly double the salary of an engineer.  It should be recalled that engineering graduates are the highest paid university grads at the Bachelor's level which means little competition.  Few careers are available with just a Bachelor's degree.  It is really a step toward a Master's or PhD.  The vast majority of Bachelor's degree holders end up in jobs that are no better than what they could have had with two years of community college.  
I don't know about what you said about lawyers. Maybe if you go to a prestigious university and get on with a big firm. I know a few lawyers who don't make $h!t. I'm talking like $30k - $40k working for random small firms. One wants to start his own firm in the hopes to make more, and one is trying to switch to corporate law instead of trial law to have a more traditional 9-5 and more stability. My impression is that lawyers have a HUGE range of potential pay from very low to very high.

Edit: I remember reading a few years ago that the US has way too many lawyers and that pushing down the job market. I assume that's still the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back