New Well Design for Water Distribution

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanHalen

Reaction score
I'm working on designing a new well and elevated storage tank for a water distribution system. Our client is requesting to use chlorine gas instead of sodium hypochlorite. They also have requested the addition of fluoride.Are there any good reference materials or books that could help walk me through the design? Google didn't yield many results. I found a few references to AWWA A100 and Ten States Standards. I'm not opposed to buying them if they can provide the info I need. Unfortunately I can't read the AWWA standard without purchasing. TIA.

As for your question about using chlorine gas instead of sodium hypochlorite, I'm not totally sure. But I do know that there are a ton of resources out there that could help you out.

Designing a new well and elevated storage tank for a water distribution system can be a challenge, but I'm sure you're up for it! If you're interested in learning more about the design process, there are also plenty of books out there that could be helpful. I'm not sure if you've already checked them out, but I've heard good things about "Water Treatment Plant Design" by American Water Works Association and "Water Supply Engineering" by S.K. Garg.
By the way, have you heard about workover rig upgrades? They can be a great way to improve the efficiency and safety of your rig.

Back