October 2020

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKo

Reaction score
With April exams cancelled, 

I am looking ahead towards October and knock this exam out of my way once and for all. 

I need some tips for people who passed the PE exam or have experience with material. 

this will be my third time taking it, and money is short for me. I am planning to purchase EET structural on demand class ($550) and I don't have a breadth material (Had to return back to coworkers). I asked EET if I can purchase the binder alone but no chance. I am in between purchasing EET binder from someone (please?) or purchase school of PE booklet ($240). 

What is better....School of PE or EET ?? (breadth) 

thank you. 

With April exams cancelled, 

I am looking ahead towards October and knock this exam out of my way once and for all. 

I need some tips for people who passed the PE exam or have experience with material. 

this will be my third time taking it, and money is short for me. I am planning to purchase EET structural on demand class ($550) and I don't have a breadth material (Had to return back to coworkers). I asked EET if I can purchase the binder alone but no chance. I am in between purchasing EET binder from someone (please?) or purchase school of PE booklet ($240). 

What is better....School of PE or EET ?? (breadth) 

thank you. 
I'd ask in the Structural sub-forum so you get answers from folks who have taken that exam. Plus there's a chance this topic has been covered there (I honestly don't know, I don't hang out in the structural forum. i once posted in the CA-Civil forum without looking lol - which isn't bad but my response was pointless given the forum I had "walked" into lol)

I used SoPE a few years back and their AM was outstanding. The booklet wasn't available then but I bet it's worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read about that new book. I think to save money and not pay for EET Classes I will probably go and purchase that new book that came out back in January. Looks very promising. 

Please be aware of how your words can directly lead to people being hurt in real life, and stop calling it the "Chinese virus"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/23/opinion/china-coronavirus-racism.html

As The Times reported on Monday, Chinese-Americans and other Asians lumped together with them by racists are being beaten, spat on, yelled at and insulted from coast to coast, driving some members of the maligned minority to purchase firearms in the fear of worse to come as the pandemic deepens.

The United States is not alone in this blight of xenophobia. Japan’s Kyodo News agency described similar incidents of anti-Asian bigotry wherever the coronavirus has struck: Asian students pelted with eggs in Leicestershire, England, or people in Egypt yelling out “corona” when passing Asians in the street. Vile posts on social media have made graphic threats in rants against Asians over the coronavirus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back