Am I screwed if I don't send in my check for the 2nd quarter now? - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

Am I screwed if I don't send in my check for the 2nd quarter now?

I took the surveying exam in February and am still awaiting the results. If I failed it, I would like to retake it in the 2nd quarter while the information is still fresh. If I passed I would like to take the seismic exam in the 2nd quarter. 

However I'm getting nervous and wondering if I need to just send in my check now. What is the minimum time that the board will need to approve me for an exam in the 2nd quarter?

I called the board today but the lady I talked to couldn't seem to wrap her head around the fact that my application is already approved. She kept repeating that the application process takes up to 2 months.

This is from the board website:

"Do NOT submit the Re-Examination Form and exam fee(s) before you receive your exam results. If the Board receives your Re-Examination Form before exam results have posted, your form will be returned to you, and a refund will be issued for the exam fee(s).  Refunds may take 12 weeks to receive. "