Am I screwed if I don't send in my check for the 2nd quarter now?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbray241

Reaction score
I took the surveying exam in February and am still awaiting the results. If I failed it, I would like to retake it in the 2nd quarter while the information is still fresh. If I passed I would like to take the seismic exam in the 2nd quarter. 

However I'm getting nervous and wondering if I need to just send in my check now. What is the minimum time that the board will need to approve me for an exam in the 2nd quarter?

I called the board today but the lady I talked to couldn't seem to wrap her head around the fact that my application is already approved. She kept repeating that the application process takes up to 2 months.

@Jbray241 I have done this method.... As long as we get results by monday which historically always has happened.... We will be good for the following Q if we send our checks in if we failed

This is from the board website:

"Do NOT submit the Re-Examination Form and exam fee(s) before you receive your exam results. If the Board receives your Re-Examination Form before exam results have posted, your form will be returned to you, and a refund will be issued for the exam fee(s).  Refunds may take 12 weeks to receive. "

Thanks for the responses. I'll just sit tight until monday then. If we don't have results by Monday then I'll just sign up for the seismic and hope I passed surveying.

Back