PE civil morning session

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capa

Reaction score
Hello all,

for those who took PE Civil/Structural exam:

Is there any question related to "asphalt pavement" in the morning session?

this topic is not mentioned in the NCEES Exam Specifications website page.  https://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/Civ-Str-April-2015_combined-with-codes-1.pdf

please help me, I am thinking of skipping this topic because  I don't have time to study it

thank you for cooperation

It doesn't matter if you take structural, construction, etc.   The morning session is the same exam for everyone taking the Civil PE exam.  While I never saw an asphalt question on the morning session in the times I took the exam I wouldn't skip asphalt altogether.  I would at least do a quick overview of asphalt, pavement properties, components in asphalt mix designs, etc.  If there is an asphalt question it will be a theory-based question, not one you need to do any calculations for.

thank you, however, the exam has been canceled. Now I have enough time to study it in detail

Asphalt Design is more like a Transportation Depth topic. For the morning Transportation Breadth, I would only study traffic volume/speed/flow along with the obvious ones - vertical and horizontal curves. 

Back