Reference Books during Test

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davab

Reaction score
Do you guys know if there is any limitation as to how many books/references can be opened simultaneously in one table?

Are there any rule for this?

Not that I know of. It will be more of a function of how much room you have around you. When I took the exam in SC we were able to have a full "2-person" table to ourselves, which was nice. I definitely had books all over that table and didn't need to have them on the floor. 

I would say the only "limitation" would be if you need to stack them in a perimeter around the table, like if you had 300 books and needed to stack them to have a writing surface, the proctors wouldn't be able to see you while testing and that would likely be an issue. 

@tj_PE & @David Connor, SE, Thank you both for sharing your experience.

The reason for the question was: I was debating whether to add same tables within several locations of my binder. I am taking the AEI class and sometimes flipping through a binder can consume a lot of time. So I thought it would be wise to add certain tables or charts in different sections. But maybe this shouldn't be much of a concern if I can have certain reference books open the entire time...

Back