• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Power PE References for sale

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darichar

Reaction score
I passed my P.E exam October 2019 but it was a beast!  I'm selling all of the study material that I used. All are in great shape, just gently used during my study time.  They include:

• NCEES Power PE Practice Questions  AND Complex Imaginary Tests 1-4 AND Engineering PRO Test.  So 6 Practice Tests all worked in detail, and sorted by subject matter.  This was a lifesaver on the test.  I was able to turn quickly to a topic to refresh my memory if there was a similar sample question.  This was amazingly helpful since I was able to complete some questions in under 1 minute instead of 6 which left a lot of time for the more difficult or unusual problems. 

Will sell together only since they are already sorted and will provide the most help in this format. 
  • Each test was about $40 - $45 but I will sell all six for $135. 

[*] 

[*]NEC Handbook 2017 with tabs - This is a must for the exam!  Bought it new for $174. 

• Will sell for $120.
  • Complex Imaginary electrical Code Drill book - Very handy for practice in locating code.  Helps with your speed and accuracy.  There were a TON of questions from the NEC,  a lot more than the official breakdown has listed.  But wait!  That's not all!  If you buy the NEC Handbook I will sell this one for $12 plus a set of ginzu knives.  Separate it will cost $25.
  •  

[*]NESC - Safety Code (spiral bound) - This is also a must.  There were probably 5 questions on the test where you HAD to have this one. 

• NESC on sale for $110
  • NESC 2012 Handbook - a companion to the above.  I will throw this one in free if you buy the NESC above. 

[*] 

[*]Engineering Economicly Analysis:  A very helpful book to have even though there are at max 2 questions on this topic.  But when every point counts it can come in handy.  Plus this one is cheap.  Sells for $15

[*] 

[*]Power Generation, Operations and Control by Wood & Wollenburg.  Can in handy for a question on AGC and Economic dispatch.  Sells for $15.

[*] 

[*]Electrical Machines, Drives and Power Systems by Theodore Wildi (Soft cover).  Simply the best resource on Machines.  You need this one too.  Awesome reference and extremely useful.  Sells for 25.00

[*] 

[*]Power System Analysis by Glover and Sarma.  Super Reference and great for re-learning the  stuff you forgot from Power I and II.  Very good for practice problems (the more you work the better off you are on the test!).  I used it on the exam to save my bacon on at least 2 questions.  Sells for 35.

[*] 

[*]I am located in the Birmingham, AL area and local meeting is possible or I can FedEx  (or UPS or USPS) the books to you (but you must pay postage.)  Please feel free to text me...... Two-oh-five-602 - six nine seven five. 

ALSO, I will accept Venmo only. I wish you luck in your studies.  Using these resources helped me pass on the first try. 

Dan

•  

Back