NASCC: The Steel Conference

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titleistguy

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't decided if I'm going to attend this conference or another. I did attend 2019's in St. Louis and found it to be very informative. Will be looking into that during my week off over Christmas.

I'll most likely be going. 

I met up with Bly last year and it was a pretty good time.

Working on my "2020 BPD Personal Development Goals" ... and this will be my continuing education for the year,  I used the AEI SE class as mine last year.  

I want to go, too! Especially for the EB Meetup part. But I'll see what my new company does... And if I'll be working on any steel projects. My new place does more concrete and steel design than my current place does..

:bump:

So, who is going? This is the last week of the "cheap" registration fee. 

I can say that I'll be there.

I haven't been able to confirm my schedule yet. Mrs Bly is about to schedule a knee replacement surgery and any travel plans are cancelled for the first month of recovery. It'd be my luck that I sign up for the conference and then she schedules her surgery for the same time period! Her pre-op meeting with the doc isn't until 2/10.

:(  Sorry about that Bly. I hope your wife has no issues with the surgery and you just aren't needed in the recovery period!!

:(  Sorry about that Bly. I hope your wife has no issues with the surgery and you just aren't needed in the recovery period!!
It's been a long time coming for this to happen. But it will improve our lives substantially when she gets it taken care of. I already know I'll be needed around the first month as it's happening out of state and we're staying with family. After that is unknown at the moment.

Just got my 2020 personal development budget numbers today.   I'll officially be attending this event in April.  I'm currently trying to figure out which classes to take.... I wish I could take them all. 

If anyone here is going drop me a line and maybe we can coordinate a meet up. 

Might be going after all. Wife determined that she isn't going to lose the summer months recovering and will be having the surgery in early fall. Officially requested department approval to sign up. Will see what happens. 

Yo tj_PE… 

You meeting me in A-town for some steel conferencing and some evening shenanigans? 

Yo tj_PE… 

You meeting me in A-town for some steel conferencing and some evening shenanigans? 
Ugh. Whens the deadline to register? It's gonna be hard because every project ever wants to permit before July 1/codechange 

Permit shhmmermit.

Kidding.... we're up against a few pernit deadlines too right now.  

Nothing like needing to make a mill order before mass grading and site permits are issued.  Sigh.  

You can register the day of, althought it costs more.  If you can get your company to sponsor you it would be cool to see you.  But work commitments are definitely more important.  

I've got preliminary (verbal) approval to sign up, but can't actually sign up until I get it in writing from one of the board members (new system of getting approvals is causing significant delays).

Then they throw a wrench in the plans and ask me to go to Wake Island for two weeks at the exact same time as the conference. So, while I wait for written approval, I have to decide if I want to go to Atlanta for the conference or sit on the beach in the Pacific.

Permit shhmmermit.

Kidding.... we're up against a few pernit deadlines too right now.  

Nothing like needing to make a mill order before mass grading and site permits are issued.  Sigh.  

You can register the day of, althought it costs more.  If you can get your company to sponsor you it would be cool to see you.  But work commitments are definitely more important.  
I've now decided I'm going to vegas April 23-26 so I won't be attending. Maybe next year, we can exchange business cards with our fancy SE letters.

Back