October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck - Page 154 - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

October 2019 Post Exam Wait Period - Welcome to the Suck

On 12/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, RBHeadge PE said:

Alright, if the results come out this week, lets try to work out some sort of celebratory meet up.

Anyone else in the DMV?

Let's find a time to do a meet-up...after the holidays.  I'm not gonna have a chance this week and we drive down to Mississippi on Friday.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@RBHeadge PE   957am. Vt OUT   I DID IT

Failed. Civil - Structural. 2nd attempt. 27 AM/19 PM. (Worse than my previous score even after taking a review course.) 🙄

The worst: Individual approaches and ask about "that big test you took". Smiling expecting to hear you say...."I passed" You (with no emotion): "The results have not been released yet."

Posted Images

On 12/16/2019 at 11:02 AM, Adem_5%_Pass said:

I don't think I get these explanations but thanks. Anyway, I wish good luck for those fellow gentlemen and gentlewomen who didn't pass. 

Does this, by any chance mean, the pass or fail decision by NCEES may be changed by TBPE? Do you think the pass by NCEES becomes fail (or visa versa) after Texas applies its magic?

NCEES determines what passes and fails. Their "recommendation" is always adopted by the States. Full stop.

We don't know how the Texas score is derived? Does Texas come up with it? Or does NCEES send it to Texas? We don't know. I don't think we will ever know. We can't learn anything useful from knowing the answers either.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

NCEES determines what passes and fails. Their "recommendation" is always adopted by the States. Full stop.

We don't know how the Texas score is derived? Does Texas come up with it? Or does NCEES send it to Texas? We don't know. I don't think we will ever know. We can't learn anything useful from knowing the answers either.

That first question shouldn't be a question.

Otherwise, what he said. ☝️

1 hour ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Maybe someone from Texas can show up at the Board's meeting to ask or make a public record request to get the information.

17 hours ago, Ky_Su said:

Maybe someone from Texas can show up at the Board's meeting to ask or make a public record request to get the information.

I suspect that it's related to/similar to this...
from: https://www.nspe.org/resources/pe-magazine/march-2016/the-ultimate-test

MYTH A passing score is 70%.

TRUTH Before results were reported as pass-fail, examinees received scaled scores. The passing raw score (different for each discipline and varying from administration to administration based on difficulty) was “set” at 70, and all scores were scaled accordingly. In 2005, NCEES voted to provide only pass-fail results. Somehow, over time, an urban legend developed and the scaled score of 70 erroneously turned into a 70% raw score being required to pass.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JohnyCash said:

Hi all,

I'm selling my School of PE + EET for Civil PE Exam with Structural Depth on eBay. Please use the link below to find my advertisement. I have sold over 10 copies, so I have what I am claiming and my customers so far have been very happy with it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174146908044

Pretty sure this is a big no-no.  

1 hour ago, Chattaneer PE said:

Aren't you the guy that's just selling someone else's work?

I think he got banned on his old account so he made a new one to hawk his stuff.

My apologies for arriving to this party so late. I had no idea that everyone was looking for me and sorry to those of you looking for an entertaining FB page.

I just wanted to take a brief moment to answer some questions from all of my fans and haters.

• Yes, I am the real Justin Stine that some of you have been searching for. However, I refrain from using my all-mighty powers.
  • I am proud to work with the testing group and they are some of the best people that I know. The majority of us aren't paid a dime for the work that we put into it.
  • I did not ask for my face to be on the homepage for testing and it has become a funny part of my life's story. I do kind of hate that still shot pic that you click on before the video starts. Couldn't someone have picked a better time to screenshot the video? It is pretty bad, lol. Maybe it is the face before vomit; I don't really remember that day.
  • Sorry, but I don't grade your exams. I think that there are an army of enslaved robots for that.
  • I am trying to save the world, but I don't think that the political leaders are listening to me.
  • Can we have a chat before you throw a coffee at me in public or fight to the death? I just washed these clothes.
  • It probably isn't necessary to give my picture to the police. People find me everywhere from sports fields, airports, to the zoo. I have no ill will to people's comments of me on here and will happily be the focus of your testing frustration, savior or destroyer of the world, and subject of jokes. I hear some great stories from friends and coworkers about how many of you wish to destroy me and video appearance. Consider it a game of hide and seek if you are looking to release your stress about the exam.

I hope all of you did well on the past exam. If it didn't work out, I do encourage you to try taking the exam again. If anyone just wants to take PE exams again for a painful, yet kind of rewarding, experience, I can put you in touch with some people. Good luck out there. Tag; You are it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Justine said:

My apologies for arriving to this party so late. I had no idea that everyone was looking for me and sorry to those of you looking for an entertaining FB page.

I just wanted to take a brief moment to answer some questions from all of my fans and haters.

• Yes, I am the real Justin Stine that some of you have been searching for. However, I refrain from using my all-mighty powers.
  • I am proud to work with the testing group and they are some of the best people that I know. The majority of us aren't paid a dime for the work that we put into it.
  • I did not ask for my face to be on the homepage for testing and it has become a funny part of my life's story. I do kind of hate that still shot pic that you click on before the video starts. Couldn't someone have picked a better time to screenshot the video? It is pretty bad, lol. Maybe it is the face before vomit; I don't really remember that day.
  • Sorry, but I don't grade your exams. I think that there are an army of enslaved robots for that.
  • I am trying to save the world, but I don't think that the political leaders are listening to me.
  • Can we have a chat before you throw a coffee at me in public or fight to the death? I just washed these clothes.
  • It probably isn't necessary to give my picture to the police. People find me everywhere from sports fields, airports, to the zoo. I have no ill will to people's comments of me on here and will happily be the focus of your testing frustration, savior or destroyer of the world, and subject of jokes. I hear some great stories from friends and coworkers about how many of you wish to destroy me and video appearance. Consider it a game of hide and seek if you are looking to release your stress about the exam.

I hope all of you did well on the past exam. If it didn't work out, I do encourage you to try taking the exam again. If anyone just wants to take PE exams again for a painful, yet kind of rewarding, experience, I can put you in touch with some people. Good luck out there. Tag; You are it.

I truly hope this is real, but I'm sure it's not.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Justine said:

9159359bcdc4fc1237a35df950a53a71--professional-engineer-a-professional.jpg.7db608082c5a1c88fcd265e72814a154.jpg

All Hail Justin Stine, P.E.! SPAM

• Haha 1

I am not about to start sending everyone my photo ID to confirm who I am, but I give you my word that I am the genuine article. 

I will have to start watching the future test results boards to see if future generations care about my picture as much as all of you have, lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 12:20 PM, Justine said:

I am not about to start sending everyone my photo ID to confirm who I am, but I give you my word that I am the genuine article. 

I will have to start watching the future test results boards to see if future generations care about my picture as much as all of you have, lol.

The legend himself!!!  So how has your career taken off since you became famous on the NCEES?

• Haha 1
Guest 12122019

Still haven't received my Oct. 2019 exam result..not kidding...13 weeks after the exam day and 6 weeks after they released the results for everyone else...

On 1/15/2020 at 1:20 PM, Justine said:

I, for one, welcome our Justine Stine, P.E. overlords. 

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, 12122019 said:

Still haven't received my Oct. 2019 exam result..not kidding...13 weeks after the exam day and 6 weeks after they released the results for everyone else...

Any idea as to what could be the holdup? You aren't the only person with this problem. There's a theory that it may have to do with the quirks of decoupling the exam from the experience requirement, but still not be eligible to sit for the exam.

Guest 12122019
3 hours ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Any idea as to what could be the holdup? You aren't the only person with this problem. There's a theory that it may have to do with the quirks of decoupling the exam from the experience requirement, but still not be eligible to sit for the exam.

I have enough years of direct work experience in the area and the required master's degree from a U.S. public university....  

57 minutes ago, 12122019 said:

I have enough years of direct work experience in the area and the required master's degree from a U.S. public university....  

Maybe it's because you don't have an ABET accredited undergrad degree? idk? This is the first time we're seeing this issue come up.

Edited by RBHeadge PE
grammar
Guest 12122019
On 1/23/2020 at 9:05 AM, RBHeadge PE said:

Maybe it's because you don't have an ABET accredited undergrad degree? idk? This is the first time we're seeing this issue come up.

My undergrad degree is from another country but in the same area. It may not be on the ABET list. But I don't think this is the reason since I already registered for EIT.
I will just have to wait for another few weeks....what else can I do.. so helpless. 😔

Edited by 12122019
typo another*