October 2019 P.E. ELECTRICAL POWER - Page 7 - Power Exam Sub Forum - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

October 2019 P.E. ELECTRICAL POWER

Just now, NotBornTesla said:

Failed in NC, 47/80

Keep trying!  Don't give up!  I got 43/80 last year.  Took it second time this past Oct.  Waiting on TN results...

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best case:  Throw out the entire afternoon session with no change to the cut score %.

So far it seems that the feedback from this exam is similar to the feedback from every exam prior to it: very difficult to really anticipate what exactly will appear on the exam, a lot of curveball qu

THANK YOU!   I got the email as I was supposed to head into a meeting. My heart wasa pounding but I decided to open it up anyway & at my desk in our open office concept. Started crying a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, NotBornTesla said:

Does Zach's course have a class schedule or is in at your own pace?

Yes.

I went through the course myself (don't have results yet).

He's got a boatload of material behind a paywall that's go at your own pace. When you pay for that, you can access to his online course which is held once a week. And he lists the modules from the rest of the site as pre-req's for each class. 

2 minutes ago, NotBornTesla said:

Does Zach's course have a class schedule or is in at your own pace?

He has online modules for each major subject based on the Exam spec that you complete at your own pace, and also he does I think 11 4 hour live classes, once a week, leading up to the exam. Each module for the online course has multiple sections. In each section he has a bunch of 5-10 minute videos that cover a single topic or a single problem. These videos build on each other until the end of that section. At the end of the section he has all required formulas for your reference material and also a 10 question or so quiz with extremely detailed answers.

His live class will cover one topic a week and you get printouts prior that you follow along with. There is a chat that's super interactive and he'll ask or answer questions with it along the way and other engineers will chime in if they're experienced with your question.

He also has discussion boards for asking questions and receiving help with problems.

The thing I really liked about Zach's course is that he has a wealth of knowledge for test taking strategies so that you utilize all your time and don't make careless errors. He's constantly reminding you to show all work and write all units and vector hat.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, NotBornTesla said:

Failed in NC, 47/80

I took it for the first time in October 2018 made a 47/80. Took it my second time in April 2019 made a 49/80.  Still awaiting results from this test.  I do not feel like I passed though. It’s a tough test for sure.  I did take Zach’s course for this test and it was very good.  I just don’t know if it made the difference.  We shall see.

Just now, bdpalmer said:

He has online modules for each major subject based on the Exam spec that you complete at your own pace, and also he does I think 11 4 hour live classes, once a week, leading up to the exam. Each module for the online course has multiple sections. In each section he has a bunch of 5-10 minute videos that cover a single topic or a single problem. These videos build on each other until the end of that section. At the end of the section he has all required formulas for your reference material and also a 10 question or so quiz with extremely detailed answers.

His live class will cover one topic a week and you get printouts prior that you follow along with. There is a chat that's super interactive and he'll ask or answer questions with it along the way and other engineers will chime in if they're experienced with your question.

He also has discussion boards for asking questions and receiving help with problems.

The thing I really liked about Zach's course is that he has a wealth of knowledge for test taking strategies so that you utilize all your time and don't make careless errors. He's constantly reminding you to show all work and write all units and vector hat.

The vector hat and diagrams helped me understand the concepts and avoid errors for the circuit analysis problems.  I just feel disappointed I spent a LOT of time getting my circuit analysis down pat, along with the MVA method and power factor correction but it wasn't covered as much on the exam as I thought.  But I'm still glad I put in as much time as I did.  Whether I pass or fail I can say I did my best.

Just now, eatsleep said:

1st time taker Pass NC! studied probably 400 hours. Congrats to those who have already seen they have passed and best of luck to those still waiting.

Congrats!  Great job passing the first time!

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, MEtoEE said:

This whole thing feels like the election (KY and NEB just in, TN too close to call).

Haha I can't imagine. I don't look forward to refreshing the page in 6 months... 

Just now, SparkyBill said:

Haha I can't imagine. I don't look forward to refreshing the page in 6 months... 

I admit this part is no fun.  Just gotta remember it's just a test.  Can't let it define who you are as a person or let it influence your self-esteem.

Edited by MEtoEE

Congrats to everyone that has passed and good luck to everyone else who is still waiting. 

For those who got the dreaded red box, I'm so sorry! Go ahead and decide to take a few weeks off and then jump right back on the wagon. I took some time off between April 19' and the Oct 19' exams but I've almost convinced myself to give it another go so I'll be in the same boat with you. I wished I would have kept going.

Just now, daydreambeliever said:

Congrats to everyone that has passed and good luck to everyone else who is still waiting. 

For those who got the dreaded red box, I'm so sorry! Go ahead and decide to take a few weeks off and then jump right back on the wagon. I took some time off between April 19' and the Oct 19' exams but I've almost convinced myself to give it another go so I'll be in the same boat with you. I wished I would have kept going.

Hello @daydreambeliever  I think I remember you from the Oct '18 threads.  Thanks for the encouragement.  I'm still waiting on my results...

Just now, MEtoEE said:

Hello @daydreambeliever  I think I remember you from the Oct '18 threads.  Thanks for the encouragement.  I'm still waiting on my results...

Yeah, I'm a habitual PE test taker :brickwall: Hopefully I'll get it on my next try.

Good luck to you! Fingers crossed! What state are you in? Are they typically a 1st day release state?