Your First Signed and Sealed Set, how happy were you?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerStroke79_PE

Reaction score
How happy, comfortable were you with your first signed and sealed set of plans. I’m about to do mine and just not too happy with all the presentation of my set. 

My first set was a cooling tower project.  Not too involved.  Never fully happy with the Permit/IFC set. Make sure you’ve covered all the scope.  Don’t worry about it.  You can issue an addendum later. 

My first set was a cooling tower project.  Not too involved.  Never fully happy with the Permit/IFC set. Make sure you’ve covered all the scope.  Don’t worry about it.  You can issue an addendum later. 

My first seal was to certify a Sanitary Sewer Line was installed per the approved drawings and specifications. I would have to say it was a pretty Shi++y experience.

Thanks for the comments! @P-E, thanks for the calm "don't worry about". lol, it helps! @ruggercsc it is good to know I'm not the only one. 

I was hoping to have this great experience. Talk good engineering about it with others before releasing and being confident about every call out, section etc... NOT AT ALL. Turns out nobody gives a **** about discussing why I did something as opposed to another, and everyone has different approaches to sheet organization.  😡 Oh well, i'll find out in a few hours what its really gonna be. 

My first sealed thing was a letter outlining possible options for putting holes in a precast wall.  So, I feel pretty ok about it, especially since if they decide to put holes in the wall, they still need to have an engineer design the opening.

I’ll be S/S my first project in about a month.  It’s an architectural cladding project in SC, and I’m pretty much fully involved in the design process. So it’ll be done the way I am comfortable with.  I’m kinda excited!

Back