EB Mafia - Page 455 - Games - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

6 minutes ago, tj_PE said:

aka please let's discuss card options before you sign up for the 10% off your kohls purchase type card please please

We charge everything to one card, and then pay it off every month.  We never carry a balance.  We're looking for one of those 1.5-2% cash back cards like the Capital One Quicksilver, or Citi Double Cash Card for people with good credit, just don't know which ones are best for everyday use (gas, groceries, etc).  We don't travel much but my wife and son fly to NC at least 1-2 times per year for births, weddings/funerals on her side of the family so we were thinking of getting a Southwest Rewards card, but I heard they're not as good.

Edited by MEtoEE
  • Replies 21.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayKay PE

• tj_PE

• DuranDuran

• ChebyshevII PE

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Final tally:       The crew has all landed at Logan Airport in Boston and they are ready to make the drive up 95 for their Maine Vacation - it is Vacationland afterall. @Jay

I GOT MY LICENSE NUMBER

“18 beautiful contestants.   “18 wonderful dates. “18-" The announcer paused when they noticed the frantic waving of a stage hand and the frowning director, who kept making aggressive c

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, MEtoEE said:

We charge everything to one card, and then pay it off every month.  We never carry a balance.  We're looking for one of those 1.5-2% cash back cards like the Capital One Quicksilver for people with good credit, just don't know which ones are best for everyday use (gas, groceries, etc).  We don't travel much but my wife and son fly to NC at least 1-2 times per year for births, weddings/funerals on her side of the family so we were thinking of getting a Southwest Rewards card, but I heard they're not as good.

please let me help you navigate such decisions from my point of view! southwest is super valuable and so are other chase cards! i have many infos on these things 

• Thanks 1
Just now, tj_PE said:

please let me help you navigate such decisions from my point of view! southwest is super valuable and so are other chase cards! i have many infos on these things 

I'll PM you before @RBHeadge PE tells me this belongs in another forum.

• Confused 1
13 minutes ago, tj_PE said:

Maybe a new post?

I suck at playing the credit card reward game. Some people seem to be experts at it.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jean15paul_PE said:

Maybe a new post?

I suck at playing the credit card reward game. Some people seem to be experts at it.

Done.  Started one.  Jean, I mentioned you and tj_PE so you could find it.  Hope you don't mind.  Let me know if you want me to delete your names.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, MadamPirate PE said:

@LyceeFruit PE I'm watching the woodchipper episode of Bones that I took your death from!

Whereas I was just like, 'WE'RE FARGO-ING THIS BITCH UP'

9 hours ago, MadamPirate PE said:

@LyceeFruit PE I'm watching the woodchipper episode of Bones that I took your death from!

Which woodchipper death was this. Wasn't the first one the xmas round? So was this the third or fourth time? There are so many to keep track of, I'm so confused.

:Locolaugh:

38 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

Which woodchipper death was this. Wasn't the first one the xmas round? So was this the third or fourth time? There are so many to keep track of, I'm so confused.

:Locolaugh:

I think the third? I thought @ChebyshevII PE started the woodchippering. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, MadamPirate PE said:

I think the third? I thought @ChebyshevII PE started the woodchippering. 

14 minutes ago, LyceeFruit PE said:

I think it was @chart94 who started it 

Sounds right. I’m not usually the storytelling type.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, JayKay PE said:

How dare you!

@moderator I vote for @ChebyshevII PE for attacking my super good friend @MEtoEE

Woah there, you misunderstand. I was voting them for president. ‘Cause you know, the other candidates aren’t really up to my par.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

Woah there, you misunderstand. I was voting them for president. ‘Cause you know, the other candidates aren’t really up to my par.

*the squintiest of eyes*

• Haha 1

Well it had been so quiet in here during "off week", I couldn't stand it lol.

On another note, I appreciate everyone's advice regarding my recent job offer.  I was able to negotiate a bit more vacation time.  However, the offer was so good to begin with, I didn't want to overstep my bounds, so with the extra vacation I took the offer.

Today I gave my notice to my supervisor and company owner.  It was harder than I imagined.  These people have been so good to me.  I was actually shaking a bit while telling them.  They understood and told me if I ended up not liking the new place I'm always welcome back if I want.  That was nice to hear.

New job starts in 2 weeks!  

• Like 12
Just now, MEtoEE said:

On another note, I appreciate everyone's advice regarding my recent job offer.  I was able to negotiate a bit more vacation time.  However, the offer was so good to begin with, I didn't want to overstep my bounds, so with the extra vacation I took the offer.

Today I gave my notice to my supervisor and company owner.  It was harder than I imagined.  These people have been so good to me.  I was actually shaking a bit while telling them.  They understood and told me if I ended up not liking the new place I'm always welcome back if I want.  That was nice to hear.

Congrats! Hope you like the new gig, let us know how it goes!

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, MEtoEE said:

Congratulations! 😄

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, MEtoEE said:

Congrats. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, NikR_PE said:

Congrats. 

Thanks.  As long as I don't get lynched between now and then, I'm good to go!