EB Mafia - Page 117 - Games - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif

Recommended Posts

Just now, RBHeadge PE said:

I've been wondering what we'll do come the PE-results wait period?

Obviously, there will be another spam thread. But will this game continue during that "8-10 weeks"? On the one hand, it's a good hook for the newbies to stay on the site, get to know the vets, and be distracted from the exam. OTOH, it could diminsh the proper spam thread, and more importantly we have a tendency to really piss each other off every 2-3 rounds - so maybe not the best way to welcome people to the site.

We can play it by ear. Maybe during that time period we play such that the only posting allowed in the Mafia forum has to be specific to the game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JayKay PE

    2188

  • tj_PE

    2094

  • DuranDuran

    1871

  • ChebyshevII PE

    1774

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Final tally:       The crew has all landed at Logan Airport in Boston and they are ready to make the drive up 95 for their Maine Vacation - it is Vacationland afterall. @Jay

I GOT MY LICENSE NUMBER

The newspapers say that crime is spiking in the city, but many citizens don't think the threat is real until @vhab49_PE reports a package going missing. @MadamPirate thinks that @vhab49_PE is ove

Posted Images

 

7 minutes ago, jean15paul said:
14 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

 If dead already, the doctor can aid their former townie by announcing their previous role without risk.

I thought if you were killed you couldn't announce your role?

You can't, hence why it's part of the larger narrative of why it's unfair

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, jean15paul said:

@NikR does the moderator reveal the role when a person dies? I thought so from the last game. Obviously @tj_PE wasn't mafia since the mafia killed her, but was she doc or cop?

That information is only revealed if the town takes a person out.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jean15paul said:

As long as we're learning stuff. How are the number of mafia member decided upon? Is that also random? I realize it has to be a number significantly below 50%. But it also seems that the actual number is a secret in during a game.

 

7 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

It depends on the number of players, mostly. I’ve seen recommendations saying there should be at least a 3-to-1 ratio (or even 4-to-1) of town to mafia. But this is something we’re kind of experimenting with right now, so most of the moderators have been fairly conservative on this number to this point.

:plusone:

 

If the ratio (town:mafia)  is too low, the game can end too early - and usually by chance. Ditto if the ratio is too high. But the game may also drag on too long if the ratio is too high.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I've been wondering what we'll do come the PE-results wait period?

Obviously, there will be another spam thread. But will this game continue during that "8-10 weeks"? On the one hand, it's a good hook for the newbies to stay on the site, get to know the vets, and be distracted from the exam. OTOH, it could diminsh the proper spam thread, and more importantly we have a tendency to really piss each other off every 2-3 rounds - so maybe not the best way to welcome people to the site.

Tough love! You've gotta have decently thick skin to hang around these parts.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, leggo PE said:

Tough love! You've gotta have decently thick skin to hang around these parts.

Is that an endorsement of going full troll come November? 😈 I mean wasn't going to keep the the long-con helpful-vet forever, but I wasn't planning on going full heel until 2021. 😈

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

I have no real idea who the mafia is, I promise... But can I still, as a Ded, make my suspicions public on this thread? Or can I say nothing any more related to the game?

 

22 hours ago, NikR said:

Alright guys here we go...

...

You may use this thread to vote and post about the game. Anyone (playing or not playing, eliminated or not) can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.

...

Good luck to all of you.

 

Edited by jean15paul
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

I have no real idea who the mafia is, I promise... But can I still, as a Ded, make my suspicions public on this thread? Or can I say nothing any more related to the game?

I think i’ll let the current mod answer that one. The only for sure thing i’ve Seen so far is you can’t reveal your role if it wasn’t known. Seems to me it’s okay to talk about that stuff.

Edited by ChebyshevII PE
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well then... I was announced as a regular old townie, you silly townies killed one of your own!

But as a former victorious mafiosa, I am going to wager that at least one of the people who switched to vote for me at the end is mafia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

I think i’ll let the current mod answer that one. The only for sure thing i’ve Seen so far is you can’t reveal your role if it wasn’t known. Seems to me it’s okay to talk about that stuff.

I agree. You can make your suspensions known. Or even troll to get people fighting and microwave a batch of popcorn.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leggo PE said:

Well then... I was announced as a regular old townie, you silly townies killed one of your own!

But as a former victorious mafiosa, I am going to wager that at least one of the people who switched to vote for me at the end is mafia.


¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I just jumped on the leggo bandwagon to avoid getting eliminated myself. Nothing personal

Edited by jean15paul
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChebyshevII PE said:

I thought you were already there. ;)

I know you're joking, but dude you have no idea how much I could screw with the waiting noobs if given the time and motivation. I've observed enough of these wait periods to know all the right and wrong buttons to press.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I know you're joking, but dude you have no idea how much I could screw with the waiting noobs if given the time and motivation. I've observed enough of these wait periods to know all the right and wrong buttons to press.

I believe it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...



×
×
  • Create New...