NCEES Review Work Requirement

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirPup

Reaction score
Anyone know how long it takes the NCEES to review your work experience?  Mine says pending and I would really like to get PE after my name.  This is just the last thing I need before my state (Michigan) will issue it.

I think it took about 1 week for my work experience to be reviewed. It also depends on how fast your supervisor responds to the email confirming your experience.

Edit: I'm in NC, I don't know if that makes a difference through NCEES though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it took about 1 week for my work experience to be reviewed. It also depends on how fast your supervisor responds to the email confirming your experience.

Edit: I'm in NC, I don't know if that makes a difference through NCEES though.
Does your supervisor get the email before or after the NCEES review portion?

If you have to resubmit,  does the one week or 2 weeks time starts from there? or on resubmits , the preference is given.  

I'm in Michigan and I've never heard of having to submit your work experience to NCEES... don't you just fill out the forms from LARA and ship them to the state?

I'm in Michigan and I've never heard of having to submit your work experience to NCEES... don't you just fill out the forms from LARA and ship them to the state?
Relatively new process: you can create a "NCEES record" now. Submit all your documentation to NCEES, they verify, and if you need to get licensed in a new state, NCEES will submit the completed record. State still has to review and license you, but you have a single record with NCEES instead of a separate record with each state.

Originally this was just for licensing in additional stated by comity. But some states are beginning to accept (or even to require in some cases) the NCEES record for initial licensure. 

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I can tell it is still only for comity licensure, or initial licensure in certain jursidictions, Michigan not included.

If you are a power systems engineer doing coordination studies, how would you list you projects under NCEES projects section? I may have 50 studies done for a different client but it is the same study. So would you provide them SC and Coordination study for Client 1, Client 2 etc? Is this considered as engineering type of work?   

If you are a power systems engineer doing coordination studies, how would you list you projects under NCEES projects section? I may have 50 studies done for a different client but it is the same study. So would you provide them SC and Coordination study for Client 1, Client 2 etc? Is this considered as engineering type of work?   
I’m curious what others say.  I mean, they are somewhat different right? Different voltage levels?  Number of downstream devices? Size of fuse?  Fast curves, slow curves?  Delta wye transformers?  

I’m curious what others say.  I mean, they are somewhat different right? Different voltage levels?  Number of downstream devices? Size of fuse?  Fast curves, slow curves?  Delta wye transformers?  
Yes they are different, A friend here pointed this out in a PM so that's what I ended up doing. When I looked up little more closure, I actually found many differences in the study. 

Not sure if anyone knows if there is some type of rule of thumb to list X number of projects per year? or the minimum projects they would like to see per year. 

Back