More than 1 PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyeit

Reaction score
Is there anyone who has pass more than 1 PE Exam in a different field?  Why?

Yes, it happens often. Some state license by discipline. And only those licensed in that discipline can stamp things related to that discipline. 

So we don't have to have a degree on certain discipline to take the PE or FE based on that discipline? As long as we qualify for one exam, we can pick any discipline? 

FE exam discipline doesn't matter in any state.

It depends on the state, but usually having the appropriate education, experience, and references qualifies an applicant to take the exam in any discipline.

A few states want to see appropriate education and/or experience to sit for a specific exam. And passing that specific exam determines which discipline you can lawfully practice in that jurisdiction.

Which state are you looking at?

If you're working in civil-water and would take the PE for that, it really doesn't make sense to me that you're looking to get your degree in EE. It really seems like you're looking to go EE to take the FE/PE sooner than not having the degree. And I do understand wanting to get it all over with. But you may be doing yourself a disservice by going EE when CE aligns better with your career. 

I passed two PE exams, Environmatal Engineer exam and Civil-Water Resources and Environmatal Engineer exam. The reason was because California does not accept the Environmatal Engineer PE license. I already got the Environmatal Engineer PE license in another state before I moved to CA. My education and work experience have been in the two field. 

Back