2019 Engineer Boards Salary Survey

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Is the structural engineer respondent from San Francisco eligible for food stamps?  The average rent would eat up almost all of their take home pay.   

The Bay Area has a lot going for it, but I can't see how anyone can afford to live there.

I have a slight problem with this.

"Northeast" "new England" "midwest" aren't very useful/helpful.

The pay across New England varies. Within my own company, I took a pay cut when I moved from CT to ME due to "cost of labor" differences between the states. 

I'm not saying list your exact city & state but listing the state would be more useful.

I haven't added my data as I can't find my paperwork to accurately input my info. 

try the electrical tab - I think that's the "other" tab - I need to clean this up

The Civil data is filling in nicely!

try the electrical tab - I think that's the "other" tab - I need to clean this up

The Civil data is filling in nicely!
I looked at all of the tabs prior to commenting. 

I just don't like vagueness/incompleteness 

@JayKay0914 there's definitely already a civil/enviro in the civil page, so I would say civil. - at least not enough to cry about!

@Road Guy did the file change? I can't find my info

ALL - if you don't want to say your city, can you at least put like Metro and the state? Midwest, Northeast don't help. Knowing if it's a metropolitan area or non metro, is more helpful.  I know people want to stay anonymous but at least in the civil page there's enough entries that noone is going to try to pinpoint your salary.

@JayKay0914 there's definitely already a civil/enviro in the civil page, so I would say civil. - at least not enough to cry about!

ALL - if you don't want to say your city, can you at least put like Metro and the state? Midwest, Northeast don't help. Knowing if it's a metropolitan area or non metro, is more helpful.  I know people want to stay anonymous but at least in the civil page there's enough entries that noone is going to try to pinpoint your salary.
I edited the file so it was by experience (aka; I was seeing how much everyone was making), but I didn't delete or remove any info

Neither is typing "Electrical" for field under the electrical tab 

Back