Power Electronics Materials

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eduardo L

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm one month away from taking the PE exam in Power and I still fell like i need more to reinforce my skills in  the "Power Electronic Circuits" topic. I have bought some good materials like Graffeo, Complex Imaginary, the NCEES practice exam, Camara(the one that comes with 2 tests), but in none of them I have found a deep source of power electronic circuits problems. Can any of you share some good stuff with solved problems about rectifiers, VFDs and so. Any help or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The Engineering Pro Guides: Power practice exam does a very good job of covering these sorts of topics.  Also, they're great about getting back to you with answers to questions and concerns.

Hello everyone,

I'm one month away from taking the PE exam in Power and I still fell like i need more to reinforce my skills in  the "Power Electronic Circuits" topic. I have bought some good materials like Graffeo, Complex Imaginary, the NCEES practice exam, Camara(the one that comes with 2 tests), but in none of them I have found a deep source of power electronic circuits problems. Can any of you share some good stuff with solved problems about rectifiers, VFDs and so. Any help or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Hi Eduardo, 

I just wanted to let you know that the online module for Power Supplies and Converters (which is power electronic circuits) is currently being offered for free directly in the free trial of our online review course for the Electrical Power PE Exam.  You can watch +10 HD Demonstration Videos, work your way through the entire 3,000-word module, and take a 10 question practice quiz with full-length solutions.  It covers half way rectifiers, full wave rectifiers, smoothing capacitors, thyristors, SCRs, IGBTs, ripple, three-phase rectifiers, instantaneous functions and waveforms, and much, much more. 

No credit card is required to sign up for the free trial, all you need is an active email address. 

To sign up for the free trial, click the link below and scroll to "sign up for the free course":

https://courses.electricalpereview.com/courses/electrical-power-review-course

The module for Power Supplies and Converters is located in Chapter 5.2

Hope you enjoy.

Back