California state exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rihame

Reaction score
I am not a new applicant, I submitted all my recommendation letters to the board in 2013 but never took any of the tests till 2017, I passed my 8h in October 2017, and I need to sign up for the seismic and survey this spring, how do I proceed? Isn't the link on the website for the new applicant only?

Do I need to fill in any forms or pay any fees?

I am not a new applicant, I submitted all my recommendation letters to the board in 2013 but never took any of the tests till 2017, I passed my 8h in October 2017, and I need to sign up for the seismic and survey this spring, how do I proceed? Isn't the link on the website for the new applicant only?

Do I need to fill in any forms or pay any fees?
You should probably contact the board and make sure you are still approved and ready to go.  Ask if you can simply submit the re-examination form. 

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/re-examination_form.pdf

I applied and approved to sit in the exam (CA PE) in 2014.  Took the test, did not pass, and applied again in different state, passed this time, and became PE in other state.

When I contacted the California board last year to take California state exams, they say that they have my record and I don't have to submit anything but re-examination form (with fee, of course - $150 per each exam).

In my understanding, if you are previously approved, the re-examination form is all you need. Just check with the board if they still have your record in their system.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back