NJ PE Next steps

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsav34

Reaction score
Does anyone have insight as to what next steps are in New Jersey once receiving a PASS on NCEES?

Does anyone have insight as to what next steps are in New Jersey once receiving a PASS on NCEES?
Just spoke with the board. All we have to do is sit back and wait for NJ to do their part and send out the initial activation form. This should take a few weeks. You can go to https://newjersey.mylicense.com to check status of all license items.  FYI, the NJ Law Exam is no longer recorded on their checklist so it will remain unchecked on the checklist. 

You may want to go to the above link now to make sure they have your correct address on file. 

get drunk and celebrate that's what I will be doing!! WOO HOO!!!!!! 

also nothing but wait for the activation letter

make sure you contact the pcs. they are an extremely fun bunch to deal with

:pcs:

Do we have to contact PCS for anything or really just wait until we receive the activation letter?

Hmm. I haven’t received mine yet.
Look at my post above from December 5th and follow the web link. After you register check your profile and make sure they have your correct address on file. If you moved since submitting your original application,  they may not have your new address on file. That link will also let you see if they have your passing scores. If you can't get link to work, I would call the Board in the morning to check on the status. 

Look at my post above from December 5th and follow the web link. After you register check your profile and make sure they have your correct address on file. If you moved since submitting your original application,  they may not have your new address on file. That link will also let you see if they have your passing scores. If you can't get link to work, I would call the Board in the morning to check on the status. 
Yep. Checked all of that info on the website earlier. Says "Passed PE Exam - Complete". Address is fine. Still nothing. :-(.

Guess I gotta call when they open this morning.

I called yesterday...they were very helpful even got a direct connection to my processor...e-mailed her and she called me at work saying she sent it out and everything was fine...so I'd encourage you to call for sure. Hopefully, I get something soon.

I called yesterday...they were very helpful even got a direct connection to my processor...e-mailed her and she called me at work saying she sent it out and everything was fine...so I'd encourage you to call for sure. Hopefully, I get something soon.
I actually just received it in the mail this afternoon. Looks like we just submit the activation form and a check for $40.00 and then they send us the certificate? I guess we dont have to do that law/ethics exam anymore?

I actually just received it in the mail this afternoon. Looks like we just submit the activation form and a check for $40.00 and then they send us the certificate? I guess we dont have to do that law/ethics exam anymore?
is the activation form generic or is it specific to you? 

is the activation form generic or is it specific to you? 
Activation form was generic but they ask you to put application number on the check. I'm not sure if this is the same as the original PE application number or a seperate number based on actual NJ license. 

Along with form is a letter stating that at the last meeting you were deemed to be granted the license.

Activation form was generic but they ask you to put application number on the check. I'm not sure if this is the same as the original PE application number or a seperate number based on actual NJ license. 

Along with form is a letter stating that at the last meeting you were deemed to be granted the license.
Just got it yesterday. The letter shows your application number at the top. I would use that.

Anybody know anything about the Law Exam? It is listed as 'Unchecked' on my MyLicense account, but i dont know anything about it. Was not included with the activation form.

Back