Forget mainstream music, post your favorite songs

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dexman PE PMP

Internationally PMP'n his PE-ness
Reaction score
I really enjoy finding new singers/bands/artists that aren't plastered all over the mainstream TV/radio channels. I listen to Spotify and they put together daily/weekly playlists based on what you have saved and some of the stuff that is recommended is actually really good.

Please post links or youtube videos of some of the stuff you listen to that from off the beaten path.

I really like remixes and electronic music (stuff that really utilizes the sub in the trunk).  

Some of my favorites:

^^^ I've got the Magic Sword song too. First heard it in the Thor Ragnarok movie trailer. There are a few really bad remixes of it, the original is the best.

Mrs Dex loves that Portugal song. We have an EDM radio station here and they play it quite a bit.

I like that Delta Lady song. I'll add that to my playlist.

Listened to a few of the Marshmello songs last weekend. Not bad stuff, just not quite what I'm in to.

All great songs!

^^^ I've got the Magic Sword song too. First heard it in the Thor Ragnarok movie trailer. There are a few really bad remixes of it, the original is the best.

Mrs Dex loves that Portugal song. We have an EDM radio station here and they play it quite a bit.

I like that Delta Lady song. I'll add that to my playlist.

Listened to a few of the Marshmello songs last weekend. Not bad stuff, just not quite what I'm in to.

All great songs!
Nice, that's where I first heard that Magic Sword song too.  I thought it was part of the soundtrack at first.

That Delta Lady song has been on my playlist since the early 2000's lol. 

I've been into some angry Irish rock lately - flogging molly and black 47

They did some of the background music on Sons of Anarchy. But it's defin good running music!

I've been into some angry Irish rock lately - flogging molly and black 47

They did some of the background music on Sons of Anarchy. But it's defin good running music!
Flogging Molly is absolutely brilliant live. I’ve never been let down by their live performances. 

Their/They’re/There gets some heavy play through my headphones when I’m at work

I'll just rattle off the first few on my youtube playlist:

The XX - Intro

Milky Chance - Running

Death from Above - Freeze Me

K.Flay - Giver

Dan Croll - From Nowhere (Baarsden Remix)

I've been into this post-grunge band called Bully.  My brother is a huge fan and bought me tickets to their show Friday night, and it was incredible.  Really the best show I've been to in a long time. Awesome vocals, great songwriting, and production (she's an audio engineer and records everything analog).  

Okay, I was looking for the whatcha listening to thread but gave up after page 3 of this forum andpage 3 of searching for "playin", "music", and a few other terms...

It's very much popular music, but after hearing it on the radio at the hotel gym over the weekend, I've been into "White Wedding" by Billy Joel. Such a good song I hadn't heard in a long time!

Youtube just found this for me yesterday. Beautiful photography from Southern Colorado, and great song. Not sure how to classify it, folk? country? indie?:

Back