Chemical PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strategist7

Reaction score
Just wanted to share, something that helped me a lot to study is the "PE Chemical Reference Handbook", available for free from NCEES:

The PE Chemical Reference Handbook is now available for download. It contains charts, formulas, tables, and other information that may help you answer questions on the PE Chemical exam. However, it does not contain all information required to answer every question; theories, conversions, formulas, and definitions that examinees are expected to know have not been included. Log into MyNCEES to download your free copy.

The only downside is that you have to print it out...

The "PE Chemical Reference Handbook" is a great source of material! However, like you said it doesn't cover everything. I recommend these following practice exams,

1. "Chemical PE Practice Exam #1: Full-Length Practice Exam" by Matthew G.
  2. "Practice Problems for the Chemical Engineering PE Exam, 7th Ed" by Lindeburg
  3. "PE Chemical Engineering Practice Exam" by NCEES

Chemical PE Practice Exam #1_ Full-Length Practice Exam.jpg

NCEES.jpg

Practice Problems for the Chemical Engineering PE Exam.jpg

I also think that  PE Chemical Reference Handbook" great source to read and prepare for chemical PE Exam.  You can find the source on this website also. I looked a website of chemical engineering and here is brief of the company and want to know your thoughts regarding this.

RX Marine was established in 1996 in Mumbai, India; as a chemical manufacturing company catering exclusively to the needs of the marine industry. In a short span of 12 years the company has established itself as one of the leading wholesale suppliers of a wide range of chemicals for - Marine industry internationally - and other local industires and plants. Our client list bears testimony to this. The RXSOL policy has its foundations on two pillars of strength - a continuous investment in research and development to deliver premium quality products and a commitment to service.

Degreaser 

Just wanted to share, something that helped me a lot to study is the "PE Chemical Reference Handbook", available for free from NCEES:

The PE Chemical Reference Handbook is now available for download. It contains charts, formulas, tables, and other information that may help you answer questions on the PE Chemical exam. However, it does not contain all information required to answer every question; theories, conversions, formulas, and definitions that examinees are expected to know have not been included. Log into MyNCEES to download your free copy.

The only downside is that you have to print it out...
as sucky as it sounds, I would study with it as the electronic version since the test is computer based now and it will be the only reference you will receive.  I would also start studying while sitting next to a computer screen.  You are going to be getting less space to work on test day and will have a computer in your face .  Just for the mindset, it seems like a good idea so it isn't a huge shock on test day.

Back