Electrical and Electronics PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alien

Reaction score
I'm studying for the electrical and electronics PE exam. NCEES gives a list of topics which will be covered in the exam. I'm studying primarily from the PPI reference book, but it's lacking in the following topics: transducer and system characteristics, data evaluation, safety and design limits and subtopics, and communications and its subtopics, especially telecommunications. Can someone guide me as to what kind of questions I should be expecting? Also, can someone just guide me in general as to what kind of questions I should prepare for? I did take the NCEES practice exam, but I don't know anyone who took the PE exam after the Power and Electronics topics separated. Thank you.

Probably not much help as it's the obvious statement, but the NCEES Practice Exam is your best bet on what to expect as those are actual retired questions.

How did your references stack up against what they asked on the practice exam?

I retook the NCEES practice exam a couple days ago, and I only referred to the reference manual for mostly equations. For everything else, I felt I didn't need anything else. I'm thinking about only taking the reference manual and a book of notes I made myself so I don't have to sort through the large book to find simple equations.

Moving this since I think this topic leans a little more toward exam prep than prep material itself (though there is always overlap of course).  And I think you may get more help here.  Good luck. 

I didn't take your exam (Electrical and Electronics Exam), but I did pass the Power PE Exam. The advice I'd offer is as follows: Understand the foundation (read: understand all of the foundational "need-to-know" topics; I feel like they bank on you over-thinking the topics). So you can make a robot take a piss between folding a sheet of metal into a Möbius strip?

Can you make that same robot fold a metal strip into an open box?

Take the red pill; slap that blue pill outta Morpheus' hand, and pass that test, yo. 

I took the exam in April.  If you're feeling a little lost on how to start, I would highly recommend the School of PE prep course.  They really nailed it.
Thanks for your reply . I will  appear for electrical and electronics may be in OCT or April next year . Do you have any study material ?

I didn't take your exam (Electrical and Electronics Exam), but I did pass the Power PE Exam. The advice I'd offer is as follows: Understand the foundation (read: understand all of the foundational "need-to-know" topics; I feel like they bank on you over-thinking the topics). So you can make a robot take a piss between folding a sheet of metal into a Möbius strip?

Can you make that same robot fold a metal strip into an open box?

Take the red pill; slap that blue pill outta Morpheus' hand, and pass that test, yo. 
Thanks , really helpfull  little confused about study materials 

Back