NYS License Numbers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregoryPE

Reaction score
Looks like New York has 16 license numbers issued on 12/9/16. The latest number at the time of my posting was 097150, posted on 12/9/16. I'm not sure if these were transfers from other states, or for new candidates, given that results were released the previous day on 12/8/16. The first waiting game was miserable. Now it's still miserable knowing that I passed and not being able to put PE on my name until I get a license number!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like New York has 16 license numbers issued on 12/9/16. The latest number at the time of my posting was 097150, posted on 12/9/16. I'm not sure if these were transfers from other states, or for new candidates, given that results were released the previous day on 12/8/16. The first waiting game was miserable. Now it's still miserable knowing that I passed and not being able to put PE on my name until I get a license number!
Seriously?  You're still miserable after having found out you passed?  Come on guy relax.  You can put the PE on your name even before you get the license number, it's no big deal.  If anyone asks for the license number and you don't have it then you simply tell them it's in the process.  Problem solved...  

I wish I had your problems! CA, NJ, and HI are still waiting on results. Imagine being one of the last three states to release, one week after the first states did...

But anyway, I hope you get your number soon! It will be a great feeling when you have it, I'm sure!

Based on my research most new engineers received their license number three weeks after being notified of passing. My buddy first noticed he was on the state website at week three with the physical document a few days thereafter.  There also seems to be no correlation to last names and the order in which new PEs recieve their license number.

I called the board to make this inquiry and was informed we could see updates as soon as next week

*fingers crossed*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The NYS License Lookup site seems to be down. I wonder if they are doing a mass upload of new license numbers right now.

That's what I was thinking but it looks as if we won't see anything until next week.

I know a few people who passed the Oct 2015 test in NY. And their licenses weren't posted till the first week of January. Since we have almost the exact same results released date as last years batch. I don't think we will have our licenses until then. I was hoping to get it already, but what can you do? Maybe we will get lucky and get it next week.

Siiiigh

Highly doubtful about next week. We are talking about NYS government here. Ugh...

So what will we see first; our certificates via snail mail or the website updated with the new license numbers? I know I will continue to check ad nauseam until they are posted.

State website says that licenses will be updated first on website. Few weeks before you get it in the mail. 

No, NYC does not have its own license. 

Finally got my license number of the NYS website, as of the 12/28. It's been a long journey. HELL YES!

GregoryPE did you take the exam in October? Also, what topic area did you take you PE exam in? I have been checking every day. It seems over the last few days there has been a few new numbers added (last number added was 097175). Based on my research the education department will typically do a massive dump/add with well over a hundred, sometimes two hundred, new license numbers added in one day. I'm hoping by next week we will have our numbers.

GregoryPE did you take the exam in October? Also, what topic area did you take you PE exam in? I have been checking every day. It seems over the last few days there has been a few new numbers added (last number added was 097175). Based on my research the education department will typically do a massive dump/add with well over a hundred, sometimes two hundred, new license numbers added in one day. I'm hoping by next week we will have our numbers.
I took electrical power and my license number does not appear on the website as of this morning.

@Rapt0r I took Mechanical HVAC in Brooklyn, NY. I called and they told me that they issue numbers from highest scores down. Not too toot my own horn. I just think I way overstudied and feel like I did very well on the exam, so I think it makes sense that my number popped up on the earlier end. You will get yours soon!

@Rapt0r I took Mechanical HVAC in Brooklyn, NY. I called and they told me that they issue numbers from highest scores down. Not too toot my own horn. I just think I way overstudied and feel like I did very well on the exam, so I think it makes sense that my number popped up on the earlier end. You will get yours soon!
Thank you for the update. I'm hoping I will get my number some time this week. The wait is almost as bad as waiting to get NCEES test results. 

Back