Error in Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to be really careful here to not reveal any exam 'content', I just want to know if anybody else noticed this??

In the Structural Afternoon section of the Civil exam, I believe the last question had an error. The written portion of the problem statement contained information which was contradictory to the same information given subsequently in a table. Both sets of information were given as facts that you were supposed to solve the problem with.

Solving the problem while assuming the "written portion" was correct resulted in an answer that was one of the options.

Solving the problem while assuming the "tabulated portion" was correct also resulted in an answer that was one of the options.

Did anyone else notice this? They didn't give us a comment or feedback form. Should I write a letter to NCEES? Or should I assume they will catch it during the review process?

I noticed the exact same thing, and went with the written section instead of the table. Also submitted a comment.

Hopefully the question gets thrown out because if it's the same question I am thinking of, I didn't have enough time to check the required reference.

Back