Recent NJ PE examinees who Passed / Licensing

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

structeng

Reaction score
Has anyone who passed the NJ PE received the "Letter" that the NCEES results page said would be sent?? I did not so I called the Board and they sent it to me via email. I put my licensing fee in the mail the next day. It has been about 10 days and the check has not cashed yet.....Can anyone chime in on why this is taking so long. I thought the state would have been all over cashing a check...How long is it usually before you get assigned a number and certificate? thanks

I'm in the process of getting my NJ PE through comity. They assigned me an application number last week but still have not cashed the check. I thought it was strange too. The first thing New York does is cash your check.

I didn't receive anything from NJ. I passed in December and have been waiting the 60 days it said on the exam results letter. What is the matter with NJ? The last time I called the office was for my application and I got the feeling it was one lady handling everything. The website has absolutely no information. So, you are not alone. I actually didn't even know I had to pay another fee to get my license or what else is involved. I read the boards a bit and saw that in Missouri they have a ceremony for new PE's. Our state is so New Jersey.

My neighbor got his PE two years ago and said that he got a nice certificate in the mail with his license number. He just didn't remember having to wait so long.

They take a LONG time to issue certificates. 3-4 months from what I remember.

After daily phone calls to the Board (after 60 days of waiting) I was finally able to get my License Number......My certificate however.....I will be waiting another few months i imagine.

I got my license number from the online directory. It appeared a day or two after they cashed my check. Still have not gotten any certificate. I boggles my mind how long this process takes. The society of prof engineers wants more engineers to get licensed, but the truth is, the system just can't handle it the way it is setup. At least that's how it seams.

Back