Ordering P.E. Seal in TN

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenn123

Reaction score
Just pass the PE this past October. I had a mail from "Tennessee Society of Professional Engineers" about ordering my seal ... they have the following options:

Rubber Stamp ---- $50

Self Inking Rubber Stamp --- $55

Embosser --- $65

Rubber Stamp and Embosser --- $100

Any ideas on what options to go for and is this the cheapest in town for TN?

Thanks.

Something I found out when I was trying to decide on stamps is to keep in mind how often you think you'll actually use your stamp. I probably won't be using the rubber stamp all that much so I just opted for the plain rubber stamp. Some self-inking types will go dry if they are not used regularly. I also opted for the hand embosser vs the desk embosser. I got mine from EngineerSeals.com for $54 (w/ an ink pad & shipping). Also, this was for an South Carolina seal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at seals for TN on engineerseals.com. Seems reasonable to me.

I ordered my TN land surveying stamps from Clancy's Service Stamp Co in Knoxville.

Can't remember the cost. Of course it was back in 2004.

I got the same email from TSPE. The costs are high but guess it supports TSPE.

I'm most likely going to order mine from engineerseals.com though.

Just pass the PE this past October. I had a mail from "Tennessee Society of Professional Engineers" about ordering my seal ... they have the following options:

Rubber Stamp ---- $50

Self Inking Rubber Stamp --- $55

Embosser --- $65

Rubber Stamp and Embosser --- $100

Any ideas on what options to go for and is this the cheapest in town for TN?

Thanks.
Those are expensive! I don't think engineerseals.com was even close to that. Very reasonable and pretty quick delivery too. I went with a self-inking stamp and the digital image.

Something I found out when I was trying to decide on stamps is to keep in mind how often you think you'll actually use your stamp. I probably won't be using the rubber stamp all that much so I just opted for the plain rubber stamp. Some self-inking types will go dry if they are not used regularly. I also opted for the hand embosser vs the desk embosser. I got mine from EngineerSeals.com for $54 (w/ an ink pad & shipping). Also, this was for an South Carolina seal.
Although embossers tend to not show up well when scanned. As for drying out, the self-inking variety (from engineerseals) are refillable so I just purchased some extra refill ink. I've had my stamp for 2 years now and really don't use it much and it still produces a solid mark.

Thank you all for these great suggestions ... it looks like EngineerSeals.com is the overall recommendation. I am really glad I asked. Also thanks to SCarolinaNiki and knight1fox3 for the extra information about usage. It's really helpful since I will not be using it that much.

Back