NJ Law Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mschuep

Reaction score
Did anyone get their NJ Law Exam results from October/November?? I sent the law exam in last November after sitting for the exam (per instructions included from the testing service), but have not received a grade.

Then, when I received my materials last Friday from NJ that said I passed the PE exam, they included a law exam with my registration materials.

Does this mean I didn't pass or do they just send one to everybody because they are lazy? Or have they not sent out law exam results yet??

Thanks for any info!

Did anyone get their NJ Law Exam results from October/November?? I sent the law exam in last November after sitting for the exam (per instructions included from the testing service), but have not received a grade.
Then, when I received my materials last Friday from NJ that said I passed the PE exam, they included a law exam with my registration materials.

Does this mean I didn't pass or do they just send one to everybody because they are lazy? Or have they not sent out law exam results yet??

Thanks for any info!

hmm, I don't want to worry you but you should call and make sure they actually got your law exam back. My EIT was in Pennsylvania and when I applied for the PE in New Jersey, they sent the law exam with my application. I got the Law Exam Pass letter the same day I got the PE results and that was that. now that they notify you by e-mail, things may be different, but I would assume that they don't just send the law exam to everyone (only people who need it).

congrats on passing the PE! yay

Thanks for the congrats!

I just called NJ PELS and got someone to answer... Here is what I found out for those who may be in the same boat...

The woman said that they don't yet have results from the testing service for the people that took and sent in the NJ Law Exam subsequent to the October PE exam. So, those people are all receiving the NJ Law Exam along with their registration information.

She said that I could:

A ) Send in the registration and wait for results from Law Exam I already took

B ) Send in the completed Law Exam they just sent along with the registration now and they will grade it if they get around to it before the results come in.

She recommends option B ) because they may not have the results back from the testing service for 1 week or more...Also, there is no additional cost for option B ), still just the $80 for the registration.

I suppose I'll just fill it out and send it in, cheap insurance. :waiting:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the congrats!
I just called NJ PELS and got someone to answer... Here is what I found out for those who may be in the same boat...

The woman said that they don't yet have results from the testing service for the people that took and sent in the NJ Law Exam subsequent to the October PE exam. So, those people are all receiving the NJ Law Exam along with their registration information.

She said that I could:

A ) Send in the registration and wait for results from Law Exam I already took

B ) Send in the completed Law Exam they just sent along with the registration now and they will grade it if they get around to it before the results come in.

She recommends option B ) because they may not have the results back from the testing service for 1 week or more...Also, there is no additional cost for option B ), still just the $80 for the registration.

I suppose I'll just fill it out and send it in, cheap insurance. :waiting:
Was it the same test?

I got my law test on Thursday, set it priority to the PO box of Friday, they just got it today. The very nice lady I spoke to told me she would have a number in a week, once the check cleared.

Was it the same test?
I got my law test on Thursday, set it priority to the PO box of Friday, they just got it today. The very nice lady I spoke to told me she would have a number in a week, once the check cleared.
I'm not sure if it is the same or not. Since I already took it (and passed, I'm sure) I was thinking I must have received it by error, so I didn't really examine it.

I also passed in Jersey, sent in my Law exam in November. I received the license activation form last thursday, but I didn't get a copy of the law exam. I assumed this meant I passed.

Anyone get a number yet? I thought we would hear something today.

Same story. I sent my check last Saturday and it has not posted. I hope they are not waiting for a board meeting first. I don't think the next one is for a week or so.

Please Delete. Accidental double post.

Same story. I sent my check last Saturday and it has not posted. I hope they are not waiting for a board meeting first. I don't think the next one is for a week or so.

January 20.

The board actually called me on Tuesday on a related matter. The lady told me that once the check cleared, I would be assigned a number, and she would send my verification to NY. She told me in about a week. so maybe Tues or Wed. I mailed out my law exam and a money order on Friday and she got it Tuesday, it was in her pile of mail for the day.

January 20.

The board actually called me on Tuesday on a related matter. The lady told me that once the check cleared, I would be assigned a number, and she would send my verification to NY. She told me in about a week. so maybe Tues or Wed. I mailed out my law exam and a money order on Friday and she got it Tuesday, it was in her pile of mail for the day.

January 20.

for the record, im getting to the point where I am more antsy now waiting for the license number than I was waiting for the results.

January 20.

for the record, im getting to the point where I am more antsy now waiting for the license number than I was waiting for the results.

me too! i wish you could pay online, so it clears immediately. post when you get your #

January 20.

me too! i wish you could pay online, so it clears immediately. post when you get your #
still waiting

Talked to board office today, lady said the checks go to a different department but they should be going through tomorrow or Thursday. I'll post when check clears.

Also for the record, now I'm reloading my bank statement every 5 seconds just like I did with NCEES for test results....not great.

January 20.

still waiting

how soon will the website be updated?

https://newjersey.mylicense.com/verification/

Talked to board office today, lady said the checks go to a different department but they should be going through tomorrow or Thursday. I'll post when check clears.
Also for the record, now I'm reloading my bank statement every 5 seconds just like I did with NCEES for test results....not great.

January 20.

still waiting

Still waiting 10:30 January 19

how soon will the website be updated?
https://newjersey.mylicense.com/verification/

January 20.

still waiting

Back