Movie thread - Page 146 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards Jump to content
Engineer Boards

Movie thread

2 hours ago, chart94 said:

Has anyone seen the new X-Men movie / give a review? 

Started to watch it the other day, but the picture was pretty bad so I figured I'd give it a few weeks.  Heard it was a trainwreck though.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, for those of you not on "the Facebook", I made my big screen debut.  I don't remember even hearing about it being in theatres besides some film festivals, but I was an extra in "My Days of Mercy".

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting on "X-Men", but in the meantime, I can verify that "Hellboy" was a trainwreck.  Made it the whole way through the movie, but it didn't do very well on the iPad scale.

So, for those of you not on "the Facebook", I made my big screen debut.  I don't remember even hearing about it being in theatres besides some film festivals, but I was an extra in "My Days of Mercy".  It was when I still had my motorcycle and they said they were looking for biker lookin' guys.  It was a grand total of about 1 second.

It was funny while they were shooting though.  We had to look like we were in a bar, but not make any sound at all...no glasses clinking, no talking, nothing...we were all supposed to sit there and mouth "peas and carrots" over and over again so it looked like we were talking.  My motorcycle actually got more screen time than I did.

I only watched enough of the movie to find my scene and FFW-ed through a bit, but for those interested in that kind of thing, I can verify that there are boobs and at least one scene of Kate Mara and Ellen Page doing things that are definitely not kid appropriate.

Mercy 1.jpg

Mercy 2.jpg

• Like 6

I watched Toy Story 4 this weekend...My dad said I would cry.  I cried.  BIG MIYAZAKI TEARS.

It was my telework day so I got a couple movies in since I had to stick around the house.

“John Wick 3” was good but pretty much what you would expect...it was more of what went on in “John Wick 2” meaning it was also a lot like “John Wick 1”. Not going to win any oscars, but entertaining enough.

The one that surprised me was “Alita”. Didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did. Apparently based on some sort of Japanese story so I don’t know if the super nerdy are complaining about how “wrong” it was or not, but I liked it.

I watched 1&2 with my daughter(18) last weekend and she really liked them in a train wreck sort of way and went to see #3 this past week and said it was entertaining..

Anyone see the new spider man? Guess we can’t really call it new but the remake?

On 7/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, jeb6294 said:

The one that surprised me was “Alita”. Didn’t think I’d like it as much as I did. Apparently based on some sort of Japanese story so I don’t know if the super nerdy are complaining about how “wrong” it was or not, but I liked it.

We saw it in the theaters at my daughter's request. We really liked it as well.

On 7/13/2019 at 1:46 PM, Road Guy said:

Anyone see the new spider man? Guess we can’t really call it new but the remake?

We saw it opening weekend and enjoyed it. It's the final movie in the "Infinity" part of the MCU story arc, so it's not really a remake per se. It has huge spoilers if you haven't already seen Avengers:Endgame.

Unfortunately for me I did see end game. I think we should sue marvel for making any
Movies after end game.. false advertising....

I read where they are making without remorse finally- will be good to see a John Clark story line movie for a change. Just please god no Ben Afleck anywhere...

My family had mixed reviews of Spider Man Far from home. My son and I really enjoyed it. My wife and daughter thought it was pretty meh.

LION KING.

I am interested in seeing this, please, and am so worried it's going to be horrible.

2 hours ago, leggo PE said:

The Farewell

I want to see this sooooo bad.  I really liked the premise, and it seems to have a real 'story', but it doesn't seem to be showing anywhere nearby.  I'd have to go to like, Brooklyn, to see it.  Ughhh.

1 hour ago, JayKay0914 said:

I want to see this sooooo bad.  I really liked the premise, and it seems to have a real 'story', but it doesn't seem to be showing anywhere nearby.  I'd have to go to like, Brooklyn, to see it.  Ughhh.

Looks like I have a few options in my city. Will have to find some time to check it out!