Movie thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleg

Spammer Emeritus
Reaction score
Sorry for creating a new one ... but the old one is so far off the page, I can't bother looking for it.

I saw "True Grit" last night. I loved every minute of it. It was fantastic. Jeff Bridges is not John Wayne, but then again he is a far better actor than John Wayne was, who pretty much played every character as John Wayne. Bridges transformed himself into Rooster Cogburn, a drunk, disheveled, and completely believable character.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it was good.

It was interesting to see Rooster with some of The Dude mixed in.

I saw Tron: Legacy in an IMAX 3d last weekend. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the movie was actually in 3d which sucked.

The movie as a whole pretty much blew as well.

I saw Tron: Legacy in an IMAX 3d last weekend. Maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the movie was actually in 3d which sucked.
Should I just wait for Blu Ray?

I must be immune to Tron fever because this is the second iteration that does not interest me at all.

I don't like science fiction much and I like Frisbees even less.

I don't like them either, but I don't mind hot chicks from "House" in tight body suits.

we just started doing the netflix streaming through the wii for $8/month, this has got to be one of the coolest things we have picked up in a while.... mainly been watching kids crap, but did see the new star trek, a little hooky but all in all okay..

we just started doing the netflix streaming through the wii for $8/month, this has got to be one of the coolest things we have picked up in a while.... mainly been watching kids crap, but did see the new star trek, a little hooky but all in all okay..
The $8/month Netflix is the best thing ever. Use it on the Wii, Xbox 360, iPhone, laptop... was great to be able to retreat to the guest room at my in-laws and catch a good movie over their WiFi.

The $8/month Netflix is the best thing ever. Use it on the Wii, Xbox 360, iPhone, laptop... was great to be able to retreat to the guest room at my in-laws and catch a good movie over their WiFi.
Takes too long to get new movies, though.

I don't like them either, but I don't mind hot chicks from "House" in tight body suits.
Agreed.
Agreed on the Netflix streaming. I have been working a ton of late nights. Coming in at 8pm leaving around 2am. I actually finished The Dead Zone ( series used to be on USA a while back, Law and Order CI Season 1-8, and SVU the first 2 or 3 seasons. I just put it on my 2nd monitor and go to work. I wish Netflix had the UNit available for streaming.

we love the netflix. I recently bought the roku device so I can stream into the bib TV since we don't have the modern gaming devices. my kids are retro gamers...

Just saw the new Harry Potter. It was interesting if you have read the book, but if not..

^Yeah, I haven't read any of the books, and I haven't enjoyed a Harry Potter movie since the thrid (?) one.

the delay on streaming netflix is getting to me, but I am figuring once I get in the "cycle" it wont be a big deal, I really want to see the last resident evil movie, so I am trying to wait it out and not go buy it...

I got "The Pacific' on bluray for Christmas, and I am really looking forward to watching it. The only problem is that our bluray player is in the living room, and it seems like I can never get time away from kids in there. I am assuming that's not the best show for kids....

Speaking of nerd movies, I watched Fanboys on cable last night. All in all it wasn't a bad flick. I thought the situational Star Wars parallels (like the trash room) were pretty funny.

I got "The Pacific' on bluray for Christmas, and I am really looking forward to watching it. The only problem is that our bluray player is in the living room, and it seems like I can never get time away from kids in there. I am assuming that's not the best show for kids....
Dleg,

I got that one as well.

It might be best for a late night viewing.

Back