Suggested Study Materials for Electrical Power PE?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eringharvey

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source either online or a book that will help me understand motors any better. I see the same pictures of a motor cross section with the commutators and brushes but it would really help to see it in motion. Does anyone know of any online videos that could help clear this up? Thanks for any ideas!

Does anyone know of a source either online or a book that will help me understand motors any better. I see the same pictures of a motor cross section with the commutators and brushes but it would really help to see it in motion. Does anyone know of any online videos that could help clear this up? Thanks for any ideas!
Hey Eringharvey the book I used this past April was Stephen J. Chapman's 'Electric Machinery and Power System Fundamentals.' The best thing about this book is that he's not a PHd so he explains things in "real engineer" talk. It's a bit pricey unless you can find a copy in soft paper back. Aside from actual videos you might be able to check out the IEEE videos but those are super expensive. Good luck!

Back