Junk Mail

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dneva

Reaction score
Did anyone that passed the exam get junk mail selling courses and literature for the PE just before receiving their results?

Did anyone that passed the exam get junk mail selling courses and literature for the PE just before receiving their results?
I passed 5 years ago and still get crap like that.

and no, nobody releases your scores to the advertisers. It doesn't mean anything except you are in some database somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they use the state PE databases. I get stuff from lots of civil CEU courses. I guess they don't check what exam you passed.

For marketers, the spreadsheet on the Texas BPE web site containing the names and addresses of 50,000+ PE's must be a gold mine. Talk about an easy way to get a target market.

I passed 5 years ago and still get crap like that.

and no, nobody releases your scores to the advertisers. It doesn't mean anything except you are in some database somewhere.
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm kind of annoyed at that stuff. It's pretty obvious that the board sold my name and address. I used my work address for the test application and thats all. Everything else (ordering books, etc) was my home address. Now I get tons and tons of pe advertising bullshit at my work. Pretty sad for a government agency to be doing things like that...

Back