New Math Confusing Kids

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slugger926

Reaction score
All this football conference stuff must be confusing for kids with the Big 10 having 11 teams, the PAC 10 with 12 teams and the Big 12 with either 9 or 10 teams.

Here is the proof on how this works out, and works with any numbers.

Infinity = Infinity

12 + Infinity = Infinity

Infinity = Infinity + 9

Substituting on both sides:

12 + Infinity = Infinity + 9

Subtracting infinity from both sides:

12 = 9

So that is how the Big 12 can have 9 teams.

I was actually wondering earlier if the BIG 12 would start to call themselves the BIG 10, and the BIG 10 start to call themselves the BIG 12. You think anyone is thinking that adding the number of teams to the conference name was MAYBE a bad idea?

what about the Big 10 inch.........record of my favorite blues?

All this football conference stuff must be confusing for kids with the Big 10 having 11 teams, the PAC 10 with 12 teams and the Big 12 with either 9 or 10 teams.
Here is the proof on how this works out, and works with any numbers.

Infinity = Infinity

12 + Infinity = Infinity

Infinity = Infinity + 9

12 = 9

So that is how the Big 12 can have 9 teams.
:appl:

I was actually wondering earlier if the BIG 12 would start to call themselves the BIG 10, and the BIG 10 start to call themselves the BIG 12. You think anyone is thinking that adding the number of teams to the conference name was MAYBE a bad idea?
I agree that it was a bad idea, but I think the worse idea was having two "Big #" conferences. If they had unique names, the number would be irrelevant.

I agree that it was a bad idea, but I think the worse idea was having two "Big #" conferences. If they had unique names, the number would be irrelevant.
Like the Big East or Big Sky conferences? That would make far too much sense. Think about it...these are the people that brought you the BCS system.

Like the Big East or Big Sky conferences? That would make far too much sense. Think about it...these are the people that brought you the BCS system.
I like the Big Money Conference

This math isn't as confusing. In fact, it's downright obvious. :p

winerProof5-20.jpg

I've been criticizing that last proof for at least 15 years. Girls = time + money, not time x money.

But I wonder if there are cultural differences that might make division necessary. I was always told that the best way to pick up Japanese tourist girls was to "divide and conquer."

A few years ago some guys I knew put that proof on a whiteboard... the girlfriend of one of the guys added a line something to the effect that she doesn't equal time x money, trying to prove she wasn't evil.

The rest of us immediately came to a different conclusion - that she wasn't actually a girl.

Infinity "minus" infinity is undefined. It's like dividing by zero. "You shall not pass" kinds of stuff.

Infinity = Infinity12 + Infinity = Infinity

Infinity = Infinity + 9

12 = 9

Additionally, not all Infinities are equal.

Infinity "minus" infinity is undefined. It's like dividing by zero. "You shall not pass" kinds of stuff.
Infinity = Infinity12 + Infinity = Infinity

Infinity = Infinity + 9

2 = 9

SapperPE said:
Time x Money is pretty much correct, for every dollar you spend, you gain some time with them and for every minute you spend with them you lose some money, so the relationship is valid.
That would be Money = Time x C

Or Girls = (C+1) x Money

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Girls = Money x C

Last edited by a moderator:
Back