WRE Exam - Let's do this again...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enginear19

Reaction score
So I took the WRE exam in April 2021 and didn't pass. I felt confident about the morning portion but the afternoon kicked my butt.

If anyone out there took the same exam and feels their references helped (or didn't), please link what you used and give some insight into problems that were on the level of difficulty of the problems on the exams -- specifically Analysis and Design, Water Quality, Wastewater Collection/Treatment, and Drinking Water Distribution & Treatment.

I took the WRE test a few years ago, but I felt the EET class and reference material was great. The EET binders had everything I needed for the afternoon. I'm sure they've updated the binders. Taking the class was well worth the investment. Good luck on your next attempt.

I took the WRE test a few years ago, but I felt the EET class and reference material was great. The EET binders had everything I needed for the afternoon. I'm sure they've updated the binders. Taking the class was well worth the investment. Good luck on your next attempt.
I took SoPE a few years ago on my first attempt, and then reused the material to refresh/study with this time around. It seemed helpful but the depth portion this exam was brutal. I'm trying to figure out where I can beef up my learning and EET seems to be a great place to start. Thank you!!!

You're very welcome. Good luck with studying. Ask this forum questions as you get them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1540814793/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i3https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1540814874/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_taft_p1_i6
I bought and completed both of them. Also brought them with to the exam. I did use them as a reference. Very helpful. They're definitely easier than the actual exam, but they are still helpful.

People say the WRE practice exam from NCEES wasn't helpful, but I also did open that for some reference during the exam.
I have both of those! Great to hear. I used them, too, from what I remember. Thanks for the feedback!

So I took the WRE exam in April 2021 and didn't pass. I felt confident about the morning portion but the afternoon kicked my butt.

If anyone out there took the same exam and feels their references helped (or didn't), please link what you used and give some insight into problems that were on the level of difficulty of the problems on the exams -- specifically Analysis and Design, Water Quality, Wastewater Collection/Treatment, and Drinking Water Distribution & Treatment.
I agree with the other comments so far, EET is definitely the gold standard for WRE prep. I also used the 2 posted PE Prepared WRE practice tests. The EET binder is very thorough, but I did bring one additional enviro book (Environmental Engineering by Mackenzie Davis) and one water resources engineering book (can't remember which but I'm pretty sure the actual title is Water Resources Engineering). I used both on the test, especially the first one. If you can't afford EET, I would still recommend you buy someone's binder used if you can.

Another thing I did that was super helpful for time was to scan and print the chapter summary equation pages for every chapter and bound them together at FedEx for a few bucks. It is a lot faster to flip through a 20 page book than to find 20 chapter first pages when you're not sure exactly what you're looking for.

I have both of those! Great to hear. I used them, too, from what I remember. Thanks for the feedback!
Another vote for EET's WRE course ever here. My education is in mechanical so I took the breadth course only (basically as a civil review, and TBH...I didn't attend all the sessions, oops). I walked in to the Oct 2019 exam with the breadth binder and I borrowed the afternoon binder from a friend but didn't take the depth course (was broke AF, however, I did work a bazillion afternoon problems from the PPI practice problem book). TBH, I still probably cut it pretty close in terms of preparation, oh well...

Despite my choice to skip the depth course, I'd say it's not *that* expensive for both courses so if it would make you feel more comfortable going in to the exam session, I say it's worth it. Especially now that you've seen the exam and you know what you're dealing with, you probably just need a little fine tuning, more confidence, or a bit of both. In the end, it's pennies compared to the fattie paycheck you'll earn as a PE! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Best of luck!

Back